Your picture of the day...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
View attachment 52484
My buddy carving a spoon for the first time last night.

index.php

Great pic Ruud, very atmospheric goodjob

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Cherry blossom is so lovely and a real Turing point of spring. I think it's the Japanese that have a cherry blossom festival where everyone walks among the trees and has a picnic. I never knew that untill a few years ago but we had three trees in my garden as a kid and I used to do just that. I loved lying beneath the tree looking up into the blossom and watching the petals fall all over me. Ah memories!

Reactions: Darryl of Sussex
Jan 13, 2019
Gallifrey
Cherry blossom is so lovely and a real Turing point of spring. I think it's the Japanese that have a cherry blossom festival where everyone walks among the trees and has a picnic. I never knew that untill a few years ago but we had three trees in my garden as a kid and I used to do just that. I loved lying beneath the tree looking up into the blossom and watching the petals fall all over me. Ah memories!

Something I have often wondered about, is whether Seasons happen at the same time throughout Britain or if there is some sort of delay in Spring blossoms due to some natural event which gradually travels across the land. The Japanese blossom event varies each year, so it’s possible to miss it.
I usually only have such deep thoughts when laying under a tree before it bursts into life in Spring. I go back to the same trees throughout the year to see what they’re upto but have never looked for the answer incase I run out of things to think about.

I must say that the Ash in Summer has a far classier sound than the Oak.

“In my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees”

Jan 13, 2019
Gallifrey
This bench had been vandalised and the USB phone charging sockets had been nicked. This also affected the Wi-Fi which meant that ...

7a91d0b41a77e6f740b896e6d5063f8f.jpg

...I had to look at this.

7492b2dfe0830cb067b56edb2310b33d.jpg

Reactions: santaman2000
Jan 13, 2019
Gallifrey
Gold, Silver & Alloy Stephen Hawkins 50p coins. One day the great-great-great grandchild of Detectorists will find these down the back of a sofa.
c70551b01f8225f6550dade76bb03a08.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE