Your picture of the day...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Back from a 3 day trip to the Caucasus mountains , visited a lake on the border of Georgia and Russia

dfe22d312f33.jpg

mowerman

Aug 23, 2015
Shropshire
Not today's but my mom liked it so I thought you might too. Titterstone Clee hill, to the right you can see the black mountains and breccons. Then the forest of dean malverns, cotswolds, then some others, then rowley Regis, didn't catch the peak District this day, posibly a bit hazy!
View attachment 45942

Beautiful. I live at the bottom of the brown Clee Hill and enjoy walking up all of the hills in this area.
I'm looking forward to the cold crisp mornings when the air is clear and you can see for miles 👍

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Well I was at work on N/S looking at the sky with stars and some light cloud showing hardly a breath of wind and sunrise well after I finsihed so I decided to head out after work. I went to Buttermere I drove past Loweswater and Crummock and both were suffering a broken surface due to the breeze. I continued to Buttermere hoping for calm water even though it was overcast. I wasnt hopeful when I parked up.
I hung around a long time talking to other toggers and eventually my wait paid off with some light.

Some light broke through and lit up Melbreak

Buttermere calm morning splash of light by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Buttermere calm breaking light by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Not the best of shots this one but OK the DR was a real challenge

Buttermere calm morning by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Finally a panorama

Buttermere calm morning panorama by Alf Branch, on Flickr

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Lovely stuff Alf goodjob

Where was the picture taken of the bread and roast guinea pigs?

Tony
That shot was in Peru where the wife and I went on holiday that is a little town between Cusco and Machu picchu I think it was Pisac we were on a coach tour btw. Those really are guinea pigs on the tray ready to roast.

Here is young llama at Machu picchu

Machu picchu baby llama by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE