Your picture of the day...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Just to show great minds think alike (and fools never differ)

10317417373_36638a0e09_b.jpg

By the way Alf, how do you get the image code out of the new Flickr layout? I can't find it and ended up opting out of the new arrangement.

Realy like this :)

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Ridiculously pleased to get these

Dormouse1_zpsa3bcf9a3.jpg

Dormouse2_zpse7173826.jpg

They can move fast when they want to. I only saw it because it moved so fast. It only ran as the tree next to it fell over & I getting closer with a chainsaw.

I also had a camera on my belt :beerchug::mexwave:

Full pictues on my Flickr

Mike

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Photographed on our back garden gate last night...

Segestria florentina by pterodaktyl, on Flickr

Segestria florentina is one of my favourite spiders. One of the UK's largest too!

They can move fast when they want to. I only saw it because it moved so fast. It only ran as the tree next to it fell over & I getting closer with a chainsaw.

Mike

Definitely dormouse, and very impressive shots they are too. Well done.

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Bit of a cheat. I attended a Fun Day event at Magor Marsh nature reserve today, and there was a man from the local hedgehog rescue place there, with a baby hedgehog. My wife goes all silly and girly about baby hedgehogs (no idea why :dunno: :rolleyes:), so I had to take a picture.

10496727865_2864c52384_b.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

Mike

You must've scared the wee fella as he's having a poop in both shots too! Great capture.

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Jeez ! where was that taken ?

Gigrin Farm, Rhayader, Powys. They have a feeding station there and the birds know when to appear. £4.50 for entry and the use of a big and comfortable bird hide (one of 5). around 200 kites, lots of buzzards, crows, rooks, a few ravens, and the local peacocks all in attendance. Worth every penny. Took over 1000 pictures, about a dozen of which are useable. If there is ever a competition for the best out of focus picture of a red kite then I'm a sure-fire winner :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE