Your picture of the day...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Thats awe inspiring Mike!

Didn't you say somewhere that wood carving left you cold? :pokenest:

Glad you like it. It certainly caught my eye.
Its a random find in the Malvern hills while going a 'scenic route' between 2 pubs. This is the 1st time I wished I had a smart phone to read that dotty square thingy.

Mike

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

Ticks. 8 of them. From my dogs armpit. And he had had his frontline just 2 days ago. :bluThinki

:yuck: I hate those little spider disease carrying critters. Poor pup getting frontlined and ticks in the same week. Frontline made my dog really ill when he had it done poor thing, though luckily ticks didn't really stick to his smooth coat. My friend out in Singapore was told that there wasn't really ticks there (from a vet of all folk) and wouldn't need protection for her mutts whilst living there. Poor lass the house got infested when ticks laid eggs in the basket and the house had to be fumigated and the dogs were getting up to fifty ticks taken off at a time. Luckily they seem to be keeping their heads down here at the moment.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
statue_zps22431e40.jpg

This one took a while. Wish I had made it

Mike

Didn't someone have pics of these beauties on the site a month or two back, there was a group of them in some woodland. Very spine tingly if you were to come across them in the dark. Nice pic.

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Didn't someone have pics of these beauties on the site a month or two back, there was a group of them in some woodland. Very spine tingly if you were to come across them in the dark. Nice pic.

I missed the woodland pics months ago. Mind you they are like buses..
2 more found the following day

statue2_zpsf21a21b3.jpg

statue3_zps14daff5e.jpg

These looked older , more weathered & a readable label Ed Elliot

Mike

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
Had a fine day in the woods with my daughter and our dog here the other day. Thought this came out nice. Taken with my cell phone camera.
idabaldertur_zpsefe129a4.jpg

Turnstone

Apr 9, 2013
Germany
Those wooden people are amazing! And I like the picture with the little girl and the dog, too!

120513_0001.jpg

Yesterday in Antwerpen. Not a very beautiful or spectacular picture, but it was the first (dead) bird with a ring I ever found! Took the ring with me and already contacted the place written on the ring.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
It's quite something to have any phot of a great-great-grandparent, but one like that is very special. Where was it taken, do you know?

I can certainly find out, ma's really in to the old family tree thing. Turns out I stem from the Hine family - the cognac lot.

Switch

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2013
Scotland
Thanks.

Believe it or not but it was within 4 miles of the A9 and only as far up as Blair Atholl. Even travelling that little outside the Central belt there's a surprising lack of light pollution. I'm just hoping there's some clear skies next week when I head back there. :)

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
nice starry sky shot that mate. what sort of exposure time was that set at then?

We have a dark sky zone in Clyde Muirshiel Regional Park and if we ever get a decent night (weather wise) I'd like to take a shot like that.

Last edited:

Switch

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2013
Scotland
Cheers.

It was 25 seconds at iso2500, f/2.8 It could probably have done with an extra few seconds or a bump in ISO slightly though.

I only heard about the dark sky zone in the Clyde Muirshiel Regional Park recently. It's definitely on the list of places to hopefully go to this year for some night shots. That's pretty good having that on your doorstep.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE