Your picture of the day...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Thanks.

I released them both.

Although the one on top was circa 16".....nicely pan sized. :fishing:

The last couple I pulled from that river didnt taste too good. Could have been my cooking though.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Wasp spider. :)

P7310059.JPG

P7310015.JPG

Last edited:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Sandbender that is gorgeous. :You_Rock_

Argiope bruennichi to those who like the latin.

I saw the only one of these ever found in Wales. Shortly after it was found the RSPB bulldozed the site to build a visitor centre. :sigh: Not a total loss since lots of suitable habitat remained in the area, but even so. Shame that the spider in that pic will be dead in a few weeks, since the adult females don't survive much after laying eggs.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Sandbender that is gorgeous. :You_Rock_

Argiope bruennichi to those who like the latin.

I saw the only one of these ever found in Wales. Shortly after it was found the RSPB bulldozed the site to build a visitor centre. :sigh: Not a total loss since lots of suitable habitat remained in the area, but even so. Shame that the spider in that pic will be dead in a few weeks, since the adult females don't survive much after laying eggs.

Interesting, I didn't know they had such a short lifespan. We normally only see them in the greenhouses and cloches, this is the first one I have seen in the open, however it is hotter and more humid this year than at any time since measurements began, perhaps that is why?

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Not been out for a few weeks due to a [very wearying] family illness.

So had an enjoyable day today fly fishing over in the ribble valley, Lancashire [Bandit Country!] :bandit::cool:

Beautiful sunny day on a small stream.

P8081911.jpg
[/IMG]

The old master, about to land a fish on a perfectly presented dry fly?

P8081914-1.jpg

Me Landing the fish of the day. :fishing:

P8080057.jpg

Beautiful wild Brownie caught on a size 20 grey duster

P8081899.jpg

This little chap was enjoying the hot sun too. [Damsel]

P8081898.jpg

P8080074.jpg

Nice to be have a sunny day for a change!

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Not from today, but from yesterday, although i did have the thing going for most of the day today as well:)

DSCN8015.jpg

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Finally tired her out ! :)

tiredcharlie.jpg

:D Now theres a dog who knows how to kickback.

now that looks a marvelous day ! :)

had a few hours on the Riddle at Preston a couple of years ago on the dry fly but only caught Dace.

This was a small tributary of the riBBle, so we were surprised to find a couple of decent sized fish in there. :)

Not from today, but from yesterday, although i did have the thing going for most of the day today as well:)

DSCN8015.jpg

Could have done with one of those today Mark. Mines bust a seam at the bottom, and now leaks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE