Your picture of the day...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
umerehup.jpg

Pigeon wild mushroom and beetroot, nice French knife n wine :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Harvestman, what are they? Are they those things that you put string around and twist? I love those we call them ''tol'' here.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
We call them spinning tops. Just spin with the fingers, although string works too. Coated with food safe oil as they will be gifts for younger children.

The oak one is a bit wobbly, the acacia one broke off the lathe before I was ready for it so the finish isn't so good on that one, but the apple top spins really well and is stable for a long time.

Last edited:

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
We call them spinning tops. Just spin with the fingers, although strig#ng works too. Coated with food safe oil as they will be gifts for younger children.

The oak one is a bit wobbly, the acacia one broke off the lathe before I was ready for it so the finish isn't so good on that one, but the apple top spins really well and is stable for a long time.

That's really a great idea I want to do that too, but in the maroccon way;)

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
We call them spinning tops. Just spin with the fingers, although strig#ng works too. Coated with food safe oil as they will be gifts for younger children.

The ones we use here have a hole in the top of the spindle into which a rod of wood is inserted, when the string is pulled your other hand is supporting the top by holding the rod and once the string has done its job the rod is pulled out leaving the top to spin. My daughter has one which can spin for many minutes. :)

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Been trying to get the hang of how to work my new camera and tried it out with my (home-made) light box and some arrowheads I knapped from the bottom of beer bottles - which reminds me - I need to do some more...... where's that beer???

Arrow%20face.JPG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE