Your picture of the day...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

thebrown83

Jan 3, 2012
Manchester, England
Here's a pic of mine, although not of today, but Saturday just gone..

DSC01838.jpg

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Ha ha, colour, contrast, crispness etc........hope you didn't take it as a criticism dude, either of photo enhancement or your photography skills.;)...,..I saw the original on your great web site (some fantastic shots,) & noticed the difference, although I had my doubts before,... my daughter uses such software, which is an art in it's self...I wouldn't know where to start & my photos need all the help they can get, but in my case, you can't turn a sow's ear into a silk purse.:(

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
A Land Gull against a bleak sky today, and an Owl from a couple of winters ago.:hatscarf:

DSC_0293.jpg

Can You Identify the species of Owl...? :)

DSC_0105.jpg

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Love the photo of the gull........................owl species ?.....White Faced Scops Owl :rolleyes:

Wow. Im impressed. :D I took it in an aviary in York in 2010. Even I didnt know which species it was...

It could be a young Northern White Faced Owl.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Haha, I do wish they would stop changing names of animals & plants, very confusing at my age.....;)

Here's a photo of a Northern white faced owl, formally known as a White Faced Scops Owl :D

N_White-faced_Owl_bakifr_2_Awash_NP_nov.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
best stick to latin, White Faced Scops Owl (Ptilopsis leucotis )

Northern White Faced Owl (Ptilopsis leucotis)

Theres is also the Southern white faced owl, Identical to the other two

435438217_ada4bb191a-1.jpg

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Took this last night, I think you can roughly guess the time of day. I would have uploaded it then but forgot about it until this morning. D'oh!

Anyway that's the view out my backdoor down the hill into the village of Pontécoulant, you can just make out the village church in the shadows below the sun. Going out with my camera today on the dogwalk and hope to nab some more sparkly picures of snow.

sunset_by_bikerbloke99-d4pbux8.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE