Your picture of the day...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Mine were taken on Blackpool beach waiting for the sun to set before the fireworks.

Camera mounted on a tripod, using a Neutral Density filter to give a long exposure and then panning the camera from left to right while the shutter was open.

Just messing about really. (And before anyone asks, it's not all done in PhotoShop...)

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
"Stay still dammit!"

P9130008.JPG

:)

That is suffering from camera shake as much as anything mate.

Harvestman/Gary are they time lapse shots? How did you achieve these? Go Pro??

Sent from somewhere?

They are just long exposures Gary has explained his and Mike seems to have shots some cows in a field that moved then stopped and moved so they show better where they stopped.

Like my Scouts who after a bunch of shots and through miracle of digital were able to learn quickly how to have multiple images of themselves in the frame during a 30 second exposure again no photoshop

How many Scouts by alf.branch, on Flickr

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Harvestman/Gary are they time lapse shots? How did you achieve these? Go Pro??

Sent from somewhere?

Gary's will have been more sophisticated than mine, but mine was set the camera to a 30 second exposue with a small aperture and minimum ISO, point at the field in which cows were moving and grazing, set a two second delay on the shutter because I didn't have a tripod with me and was resting the camera on the roof of the car, press the button, and wait. Oh and it was sunset, so the light levels were low to start with. I did no processing on the image. I would do, but I don't have any processing software.

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
At skrinkle haven, for a cheeky overnighter with the missus. Did some thinning of her kuksa, whilst she got ready for a dip.
da6a8ejy.jpg

I'll take another of the bay, when we get there.

Last edited:

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
My birthday today and I got for the first time a decent camera. It is a Nikon D3200 DSLR and I have been pressing lots of buttons, twisting dials and generally trying not to get frustrated :)

DSC_0035_zps8532038b.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE