Your picture of the day...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
rocky-beach-and-clouds.jpg

Last edited:

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Some nice shots on here lately.

Gary I love that and I need to get out and try it myself. I was up all night last but I was at work.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Thank you.

The astro shots are not quite as good as I'd like them yet but I'm getting a bit closer each time.

The light pollution is a swine to get rid of though.

Have you got a link to a higher resolution version of your astro shots Gary?

I had a look on your website but couldn't see a section for them :dunno:

SoggyBiscuit

Jul 30, 2014
Scotland
That is a stunner of a shot Gary! Nice looking Astro shots are not something I particularly associated with this country but now that you've demonstrated what is possible I'm curious about trying to get a few of these myself. Not sure my equipment is up to the job however. Other than a DSLR with 55 and 300mm lenses I have very little else.... a tripod and that's about it.

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Here is mine from Friday

I though this wasp was just resting up as it was getting and a bit dark. Then I realised it was hard at work and it either chased off a fly or tried to capture I couldn't tell as I moving in at the time.

Wasp-at-work by alf.branch, on Flickr

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
I'd like to post one photo that I think sums up quite nicely the two day Secrets of the Heath event I was apart of this weekend. I recently helped build a Mesolithic dug out log boat. Here is Will Lord being taken out on it at Petersfield lake with Ryan Watts, lead builder at Butser Ancient Farm. The event was very busy and we had many eager passengers in the boat and I lost count of how many times I got to paddle. Will was doing flint knapping, the Butser Roman Legion was there, medieval duels took place, and conservation stands were stocked with amphibians and reptiles and much more. :)

yAtjX9i.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE