Your Dreams

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Have to agreed with you Viking. Dreams are there to be made not regrated(sp).

Personally I hope to visit North and South America, Scandinavia, Africa and Australia all be for I kick the bucket. I am 29 now so I have alot of time to do it in.

I like many others here would like a small peice of land beside a good fishing lake or river with a small wood to play around and a small cottage. Not un attainable either.

James

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Viking said:
I have realised many of my dreams and my red house is not far away, just got to convince my girlfriend that living in the city is no good.
Shouldn't be too hard, I struggle to come with any arguements FOR living in the city!!

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
A cottage, or an old stone house, me gardening in my vegetable garden, next to the herbs and the pond, contemplating what my next published novel will be about. Children getting muddy near the chicken shed. Cats sitting on the fence post, and my husband chopping wood for the open fire because it's a beautifully fine, cold day.

None of the above I have as yet, yet all of the above I will have.

And when I do you can all come round for a wonderful meal and we can spend the whole day eating well and drinking even better.

:biggthump

george

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
N.W. Highlands (or in the shed!)
I'm trying hard to live out as much of my dreams as I can.

I've just got a croft (smallholding in N.W. Scotland) with a share of 800 acres of hill grazing. We're in the process of fencing and draining the "inbye" land. Next year we'll be stocking with 3 or 4 old breed pigs, we've got some soay sheep on the way and if I can find a way of keeping the pine martins away then the ducks and chickens will supply us with eggs and meat. The polytunnel is due next spring and we'll be opening up the ground this November to start with the seaweed mulch. I'm working through the ridiculous planning legislation and we hope to start building our house next year. We're planting fruit trees on the croft and loads of indigenous trees round the house.

What's this got to do with bushcraft dreams? Dunno - but we're trying hard to keep things simple and to use a lot of the old skills to live our lives day to day.

Guess we're a lot luckier than some people.

George

george

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
N.W. Highlands (or in the shed!)
tomtom said:
Sounds Amazing! George :You_Rock_

Cheers tomtom - lots of hard work, lots of reading, asking questions, learning new skills, lots of cursing whoever invented high tensile fence wire, lots of rain, lots of mud, lots of wet kids and dogs, loads of fun and worth every minute.

George

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE