You know your living in a bad part of the woods when ...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Your hammock comes with a pistol holster sown in ...
19042009746.jpg

Many thanks to Galemys in Holland for telling us about these woodland camo hammocks been sold surplus .

The link is below .

http://www.marwiarmystore.nl/webshop.asp?cat=27846&scat=

19042009745.jpg

Twodogs

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
One thing that I've occasionnaly wondered is if you use snake skins (as per the photo above), how do you then fold up the hammock combo so that it is neat and compact? Surely having them scrunched up is a bad idea?

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
One thing that I've occasionnaly wondered is if you use snake skins (as per the photo above), how do you then fold up the hammock combo so that it is neat and compact? Surely having them scrunched up is a bad idea?

Folding on or near the same crease is bad.

Scrunching up is random so wear is minimised in any particular spot.

You should roll up the tarp and hammock so even the scrunching is minimised.

Snake skins are wonderful

Dec 16, 2007
This is great I asked them if they had a photo of the hammock and said no. But now I know what they look like think I might get one as a spare for the wife. Do they come with tree straps? and can you unpick the stitching to the holster without damage to the hammock?

bigmul

Tenderfoot
Jun 15, 2008
Whitley Bay
Just got one of these delivered yesterday and was wondering how you set yours up? Did you buy some tree huggers or make some from webbing straps? Also wondering if you successfully cut out the pistol holder?

Cheers

Dec 16, 2007
I got 2 on friday and have made my own tree huggers from some webbing.
1 is to go to my mate in Oz. Was testing it in the garden and after 3 mins the rope failed and snapped at the tree hugger so my advice is to upgrade the rope to some kind of climbing rope that can take the weight ( i am 87kg) If anyone knows of a good rope that would fit the holes in the hammock, as I don't think making them bigger will help, let me know.

Swampy.

bigmul

Tenderfoot
Jun 15, 2008
Whitley Bay
Quick update - I popped to the woods and tried it out today. Also made a couple of tree huggers from webbing strap too, however at 1.5m each I think they are a little short as I couldn't double wrap round the trunk, I could only put it around the outside then tie the ropes on.

This is my first hammock so hilarity ensued when for the first few tried I ended up on the ground! The Mrs found this particularly amusing....typical!

Eventually worked though by moving the "tree huggers" further up the tree - they were further part than I might have liked. The entry/exit seemed particularly tight when insode the hammock, thought it would be looser from what I'd seen on youtube vids, but could be that the ridge line wasn't tight enough as the net was rather slack and hanging down.

More practice needed!

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
Quick update - I popped to the woods and tried it out today. Also made a couple of tree huggers from webbing strap too, however at 1.5m each I think they are a little short as I couldn't double wrap round the trunk, I could only put it around the outside then tie the ropes on.

This is my first hammock so hilarity ensued when for the first few tried I ended up on the ground! The Mrs found this particularly amusing....typical!

Eventually worked though by moving the "tree huggers" further up the tree - they were further part than I might have liked. The entry/exit seemed particularly tight when insode the hammock, thought it would be looser from what I'd seen on youtube vids, but could be that the ridge line wasn't tight enough as the net was rather slack and hanging down.

More practice needed!

All good fun and the best way to learn.

P.S. don't ask me i know nothing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE