You have to start from somewhere...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

paolo

Life Member
Dec 30, 2009
Veneto, Northeastern Italy
So tomorrow I will start a kayaking course... I have never touched a paddle so I decided to start with an expert.
I see a lot of fun in the future, in the meantime, wish me good luck :)
:canoe:

waterman

Nov 1, 2009
twickenham
Not only will I wish you good luck but you have approached the sport the best way. Good instruction can make all the difference in a confident start. Be warned canoeing/kayaking can be adictive.Hope you enjoy it.:canoe:

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I was lucky enough to be taught by a friend of mine in a Canadian canoe. Fell in love immediately. With the canoe that is.You'll love it. Good luck. Be careful though after the course you will want one of your own and they are not cheap!:)

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
what do you actually do on these courses? iv been kayaking several times in the scouts then once or twice in army cadets and i don't remember there being much to it.

i now sometimes go out on the sea with a freind of mine in his canadian canoe after work. apart from him telling me how to stear we just got on with it :confused:

hes been doing it for years (he even owned a dug out canoe in ecuador where he grew up) and i can't see him not telling me things if they where important

pete

paolo

Life Member
Dec 30, 2009
Veneto, Northeastern Italy
what do you actually do on these courses?
pete

As far as I've been told we will learn the basics of paddling but most of all how to cope with "difficult" situations (for example we will learn to eskimo roll in a pool). I will let you know how it's going.
My only other way to learn was to take a canoe and try by myself, so I thought this was a good chance to stay more dry :D

Cheers
Paolo

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE