Yew & Damascus-Sgian Dubh

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
cimg0842t.jpg

By wanderingpict at 2011-12-14

cimg0841.jpg

cimg0840o.jpg

Sgian Dubh I made as a birthday prezzie for my chap, dreadhead :p

Handle is Yew and the Blade is Damascus Steal :)

Veg tan sheath was made by him :)

Really enjoyed making this and I think it turned out ok for a first attempt at something like this, might have to make myself one!! :eek:

Bluemerle

Nomad
Nov 6, 2010
Essex
Welcome Water Gypsy. as i already said in your fella's thread that is a lovely Knife and i really love the yew handle. Yes you should make one for yourself!

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Love it. :35:
Looks authentic and is a very special gift.I presume he was over the moon.
Dread should make you one for your birthday.
Cheers , Simon

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Just jumped over here from yer mans thread to say... well, gosh, gel, thats one hell of a blade, am awestruck and needed to say a huuuuuge welcome to BCUK to a very talented lady!

Love it. :35:
Looks authentic and is a very special gift.I presume he was over the moon.
Dread should make you one for your birthday.
Cheers , Simon

Thank you very much :eek:

Yeah, think he is pretty chuffed with it :) He made me an deer antler pendant, with my name carved in runes for my birthday, that was very special, so I had to try and make him something equally as cool :p

Thank you for your lovely comment :approve:
Kind regards,

Fionn :viking:

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Only just figured out how to reply to individual comments!! Can you tell Im new to this much haha!!
Isn't it frustrating?!!! Won't be long and you'll have all the forum tips n tricks sorted... you'll get loadsa practice if you keep making and posting such super work! What a creative pair you two are, love seeing your posts come up, always interesting n crafty...

Isn't it frustrating?!!! Won't be long and you'll have all the forum tips n tricks sorted... you'll get loadsa practice if you keep making and posting such super work! What a creative pair you two are, love seeing your posts come up, always interesting n crafty...

It really is frustrating, especially as technology hates me haha! I'm sure I'll get there in the end :p Glad you like our work :eek: Gives us a boost to do more :D Im working on a matching Sgian Dubh, made out of the other half of Yew I used for Hamish's and some 'viking' style shoes for me.... so will post some pics when done ;) Thanks again, Fionn x

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE