Yet another knife question/recomendation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Velo_Exp

Jul 13, 2008
South East
Hello,

I have been asked what I would like for Fathers Day, so I am going to go for a bushcraft knife, (cutting cord, skinning, fish gutting etc)

i was looking at the Nieto Hunting/Bushcraft knife, think I would prefer a folder.

ALso forgot to mention that Gerbers are high on my list probably above the Nieto.

Any other recomendations, I am looking for something that I can keep for a long while, about £40.

Also might get a fire steel chucked in!

Many thanks!

Native Justice

Forager
Apr 8, 2008
Littleton, CO USA
All due respect but get yourself a proper bushcraft knife if you want one for life.

You won't need to spend that much more to do it or make any other compromises. There are many respected knife makers here at BCUK that could make you what you want and stay within your budget.

There are other respected Scandinavian and Norwegian makers that have production grade knives that would produce a far superior knife than Nieto and Gerber like Roselli, ENZO, Kellam, Fallkniven, Brusaletto, Karasuando, Hella. If you have to have an American made production knife then look at Spyderco, Bark River, Dozier, Benchmade. For your needs, I'd start here though:

https://www.brisa.fi/portal/index.p...od=product_info&cPath=119_113&products_id=813

No association with these folks and they come with the highest regard and recommendations.

Best of luck in your search.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE