Wych elm static recurve Bow for Sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Hi all,

This bow was made from a lovely piece of Wych Elm from North Wales. Very dense and clean wood. Pretty rare for wych elm, even more so for UK elm in general.

The bow has only seen probably a hundred arrows or so and has graduated bow school (weekend in the wet and cold woods).
It has buffalo horn overlays at the tips and has a custom Veg-tan leather grip my my makers ID.
The bow has been stained with a warm dark dye which comes out quite pretty, red in places. Finished with several coats of Tru-oil and wax.

It shoots very hard and fast and is a great bow. If it were not so heavy and i didnt have far too many bows than I will ever use I would just keep it.

I dont have an exact draw weight on this bow but I would guess mid 60`s at 27 and so is a pretty heavy draw for even a seasoned archer. If you are hoping that going up from a 45lb bow to 60 wont be so bad you may get a shock. Maybe not the first dozen arrows but certainly the next dozen. saying that though some of my customers are happy only shoot a dozen from a daft heavy bow and just hang it on a wall. Kind like that my self. :eek:

So before I sling it on ebay or just keep it I would like to offer it here. £190. String, bow bag but no arrows. I can make some up at cost if you would like to cover the materials. It is cheaper than I would make a custom bow for but given its draw weight there may not be many takers. Postage at cost, we can figure something out.

I will also take some better pictures when the yellow orb inhabits the sky once again.

IMAG3618_zpse408d529.jpg

IMAG3620_zps707caee2.jpg

IMAG3635_zps795ce2e0.jpg

IMAG3603_zpsc427313e.jpg

IMAG3623_zpse38571f6.jpg

IMAG3605_zps52561fd0.jpg

IMAG3583_zpsbc937ee9.jpg

IMAG3607_zps8cdf516a.jpg

Last edited:

TROOPER

Aug 17, 2009
essex
Truly beautiful bow and I love it, just a pity the draw is a bit heave for me really otherwise I would be truly tempted.........Good luck bud someone will truly purchase an awesome Bow.

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
oh man, id love that bow but ive already hurt the credit card too much this year. do you sell these kind of bows often? i think id definitely like to buy something like this later in the year nearer my birthday

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Truly beautiful bow and I love it, just a pity the draw is a bit heave for me really otherwise I would be truly tempted.........Good luck bud someone will truly purchase an awesome Bow.

Thanks Trooper.

oh man, id love that bow but ive already hurt the credit card too much this year. do you sell these kind of bows often? i think id definitely like to buy something like this later in the year nearer my birthday

Sorry they dont come up a lot. It takes me a couple of months to get one finished so I dont have a many to part with.

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Man.
thats way beyond anything suited for a complete beginner like me but gosh darn it that's a pretty bow.

good luck with the sale

Yeah bit much for a beginner mate sorry. Unless yer a grock but even then its more form than brute strength.
Keep some toy funds aside, might have something you will like over the next few weeks.

Now that's a bargain. Good luck with the sale.

Cheers mate, you know how many hours go into a bow so thanks.

If you're worried about the draw weight it's not that hard to shave it down a tad. I'm tempted myself but I own too many bows and have several in production.

I did think about that but it would be such a shame to drop the weight, clean wych elm is hard to come by, I have plenty more that will make lighter bows once seasoned. This stuff is incredibly dense, rare.

Well if shipping to Australia wasn't so expensive I would take it.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Would be an extortionate amount to send it sorry.

I will consider a partial part-ex and cash for this. Particularly looking for a Karrimor sf 45 (not dpm)
Cannot go lower than half of the price in cash, things to pay for :(

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
im off to see about a private job later, if it comes in with enough of a payout, i will have this. i have used bow a fair bit and was in a longbow club for just over a year so reckon i could tame the beast after a summers practise so to speak. but ill see what tonight turns into

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
im afraid its going to be about 10 days before i can get enough funds together for this. quite sad. i hope it goes to a good home

No worries.

Any takers before its off to the bay of evil? Will be a shame not to see it go to a forum member.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE