WTD: Recreating the 18th Century Hunting Pouch and others

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DFCA

Nomad
Aug 11, 2009
Monmouthshire
Hi all,

Before I have to risk the perils of getting books from the USA through customs and the post office in the UK, I thought I would just see if anyone here has the following books that they might want to part with for a reasonable price.

I am after:

Recreating the 18th Century Hunting Pouch by TC Albert

and

A Pilgrims Journey both volume1 and 2 by Mark Baker

Here's hoping:)
ATB
Dave

red dreads

Nov 14, 2009
Eilean a Cheo
Hi Dave

Havent got the book you've asked for , but there is a series,the book of Buckskinning vol I=VIII ,they're American but sometimes available on e bay ,especially the first couple of volumes . I find them indespensible for re-enactment, everything from possible pouches to gunmaking, golden age of powderhorns ,primitive forging, regalia, etc. Shows b/w photos of originals and copies. Hope this helps .

Best regds Steve

DFCA

Nomad
Aug 11, 2009
Monmouthshire
Hi Steve,

I did see this series, I think the Identity Store are stocking it now (they had Pilgrims Journey until fairly recently too :( ) and I assumed because of the title that it would all be a bit later period, early 19th century stuff maybe. I think I am going to get a copy of vol 1 to have a look see anyway and following your description, they sound far more interesting than I first thought.

What re-enactment do you do my friend? I am looking at maybe getting to do something 18th century based, been a dark age (and sometimes earlier) re-enactor for many a year now and a change is as good as a rest and all that :)

ATB
Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE