WTD - Greenland Jacket, black, XL.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
After a black, extra large, Fjallraven jacket. I originally believed the style I like to be the Greenland jacket - but it's NOT! Apologies to those who have responded.

The one I'm after has a stowable hood that may be detachable? Could this be the Telemark? definitely in black, definitely G1000, definitely stowable hood. Wanted for a knockabout jacket.

Thought it might be worth checking if anyone has a secondhand one for sale first? If not, any advice/ direction towards a cheap one?!?!

Cheers,
S.

MODS - is it possible to edit the original thread's title to ; "WTD Fjallraven Jacket, black, XL" please? Thanks.

Last edited:

porchini

Forager
Sep 18, 2008
stockport
I love mine, but I have it in extra large and it's to big for me! Can't say about Barbour although I think this jacketvis a different beast . Very comfortable lightweight and windproof. Mine is in dark green , will sell if your interested just pm. If not it will have to go on eBay , I will get another though when I've sold it.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
I had the Telemark II jacket - different style same material G1000. It looked great but was more of a fashion item than an outdoor jacket. IMHO, G1000 is no good at all in anything more than a light shower. Probably OK in the sub-zero climate it was designed for. I tried doing the "Ventile" thing with it - you know, holding off light rain etc and was soon soaked through. I went through a phase of rubbing Greenland wax on it to try to improve things but it made very little difference. I also manage to tear G1000 pretty easily.

On the other hand Barbour is very waterproof, almost impossible to rip but not very breathable and rather hot.

If you just want a breathable windproof knockabout jacket then G1000 is OK and the Greenland jacket has a cool retro-Scandi look. The Greenland trousers are good and I like mine.

Hope that helps
NS

Last edited:

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
Cheers guys.

"If you just want a breathable windproof knockabout jacket then G1000 is OK and the Greenland jacket has a cool retro-Scandi look" Yup!

Interested in any XL greenland. Ash - could you send me some pics and a price?

Thanks,
S.

porchini

Forager
Sep 18, 2008
stockport
Here are the images of the Greenland jacket, I hope this image thing works first time uploading images, been putting it off

Last edited:

porchini

Forager
Sep 18, 2008
stockport
set-72157624681285619
set-72157624681285619

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE