WTB - Nice starter air rifle for my nephews birthday

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wasteoid

Forager
Jan 6, 2006
uxbridge
I am the proud owner of a BSA meteor which I have had since the early 80's. I am looking for something similar and reasonabley priced for my nephews birthday.

If anyone has anything like in the west london area (will travel within reason) I have stuff for trade or some cash.

Chris

OldFingersGreen

Forager
Jan 30, 2009
Manchester
stick with the meteour mate, it was my first rifle and although i have many others i always revert to type. cant go wrong with it as a begginers rifle and witht he right spring it is humane enough whilst still making you practise fieldcraft enough to get pretty darn close! easy to clean and maintain and can still be picked up second hand in really good nick for decent prices!

cheers

dan

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Totally agree with Naboo, I had one for years, shot hundreds of rats to 25 yds, I put a new Ox mainspring in it and added a 4x20 sight, my youngest lad now owns it as I have a Daystate pcp nowadays.

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Make sure to check if he's legal; they altered the laws regarding airguns a couple of years ago (the VCRA) and a lot of them are to do with age.

wasteoid

Forager
Jan 6, 2006
uxbridge
It's his 15th birthday today, and I checked the new laws, and the minimum age is now 14, so he's all legal.

He's actually a great kid who is in the army cadets, so he has had the whole safety thing drilled into him. I have also laid the rules out as I had them when I was a kid:

"If you break anything with it, or you are caught pointing it at anyone - it will disappear for good".

Cheers all (still looking for a nice meteor for my nephew)

Chris

wasteoid

Forager
Jan 6, 2006
uxbridge
Spaniel,

The Meteor would be fantastic!! I am sure the Air 17 would REALLY flick his switch though. It has taken me long enough to convince my sister that Air weapons are suitable for her "little boy", If I turned up with an M16 (as she would see it) I am sure she would cut my knackers off!!!!

If you have the BSA I am well interested.

Chris

May 9, 2009
Hi Guys,

Just reading through your thread, I have a number of air rifles and I think it's about time I reduce my numbers, I have a Crossman Air 17 but no one seems to know what it's worth, given that they stopped making them in 1990 i am suprised that it's not more sought after, any ideas what it's worth?

Regards

Biggsy

ojs

Jun 13, 2009
Much Hoole, lancashire
I have come across a couple of Air 17's in the past and they ranged from £50 up to £130 so I dont think anyone has a clue what they are worth.
I think people tend not to know to much about them in general but they make amazing plinkers.

Hi Guys,

Just reading through your thread, I have a number of air rifles and I think it's about time I reduce my numbers, I have a Crossman Air 17 but no one seems to know what it's worth, given that they stopped making them in 1990 i am suprised that it's not more sought after, any ideas what it's worth?

Regards

Biggsy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE