WS-Woodlore-Micarta Long Term

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nod

Forager
Oct 10, 2003
Land of the Angles
I've got a micarta handled version of the WS/Woodlore knife. Had it since about November last year.

After getting the edge sorted the knife has been a joy to use, just recently though I've noticed that the handle material is staring to show signs of wear, scratches and scrapes etc from the constant pulling out and inserting of the knife into the sheath. They are on the handle areas where it fits snug against the leather of the sheath.

I presume I had some dirt in there, although I do my upmost to keep the inside of the sheath clean too. I just wandered if anyone else had such marks starting to show, or if anyone knows of any handy hints on smoothing the micarta back down.

Cheers
Nod

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Nod,

I got mine about the same time as you, the handle just seems to look a bit burnished now where its had a fair amount of use. I've got a small chip out of the very front of the micarta where I got over ambitious batoning to split a log, but that was easy to trim back neatly. You can see a picture of it with my axes in the gallery. If I lost the knife I would order another right away.

Dave

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I have only had mine for about a month now and have really fallen for it in a big way.
My original plan was to get this ,order an AW version and then sell this when the AW is ready.
Never ordered the AW version as this one is just fine.
I have an AW - Bushcrafter on order and am beginning to wonder if i need it.
Also have a few other customs on order and am thinking about selling them on when they come.
I really don't feel the need for another knife right now.
The WS micarta does everything i ask of it.
When i first got it i thought it was a little plain and uninspiring but after some serious use i would say it's looks are simple and understated and it's a very capable tool.
As Martini Dave says "If I lost the knife I would order another right away."

RB

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE