Woven basket bag liners?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
I recently bought myself a Frost River canvas pack, the timber cruiser. I didnt realise just how large the pack would be so i never ordered one of their woven ash basket bag liners so the pack doesnt keep a very good shape when not completely filled to the brim. Now im not going to order one now as the shipping and tax is extortionate these days so I was wondering if anybody knows of anything similar in the uk or any alternatives to give my pack a decent sturdy shape?

Cheers, Hamish.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Use a cheap camping mat cut to fit in slices. Weighs nothing, it's usedful and it's rigid enough to provide shaping.

Failing that, if you can provide a photo there are a fair number of basket makers about we could recommend, or help if you want to make one yourself.

atb,
M

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Thanks, camping mat sounds like a good idea but it is mainly to give the bag a more sturdy structured shape as for now it falls out of shape and sticks into my back at all the wrong places. huge pack + bad back + small person = bad idea.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I take it that the willow's lightweight but 'breathable' too, so you don't get all sweaty under the pack.
Sorry, not being of much help, I think if there's no other easy option you might just have to make one yourself.
You can buy woven grass mats that could be cut to shape and 'stitched' to a lightweight wire frame. Biggish lightweight mats are sold as yoga mats or beach mats when the Summer stuff comes into the shops. I bought my last one last year for £2.99 so it shouldn't break the bank :)

cheers,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE