Three Frost River Bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
PRICE DROPS

I'm thinning out my bag collection, so here are three Frost River bags (and there will be more to follow).

First up, a Summit pack that's never been further than a few trips to the shops. This is a lovely thing, very simple, with a single buckle, draw cord with stop, and canvas padded shoulder straps. Full details here: https://www.frostriver.com/shop/day-packs/summit-pack/ No marks or nicks at all (the slight marks you see in the photos are where the wax has taken a temporary scratch). These retail for US$150 before shipping and import duties, yours for £110 posted. NOW £95 posted.

Next up, well, I'm not exactly certain which model this is. I believe it's their Bushcraft pack, which predates the Isle Royale. The pack has canvas padded straps, a tall side pocket plus axe loop on one side, and two smaller pockets on the other. The interior has a canvas slip pocket, and there's a canvas carry handle on top. Dimensions are 20" x 13" x 8". The closest thing in the current range appears to be the Nessmuk pack. It has a few slight scuffs which I believe it got during storage, I've no recollection of ever actually using this pack. Yours for £175 posted. NOW £155 posted. SPF

Finally, another discontinued item, a Frost River cartridge pouch. Lightly used, no marks, includes a shoulder strap and should be good to hold 125 cartridges, or as a handy grab bag. Yours for £40 posted. NOW £30 posted. SOLD

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Nice packs. Should last someone a lifetime. Why are they still here? Ive noticed its becoming more difficult to sell things these days...Has nobody got any money apart from the thieving banks these days?!

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
I agree, if I wasn't maxed on on FR kit I'd have these in a minute.

The second pack is a nessmuk variant. FR had 2 flavours of this, yours is the original, the current one has more trim and has a slightly different set up for the shoulder straps. The current one looks like this

DSCF2155_zpse5d50d76.jpg

DSCF2158_zps6afacd13.jpg

IMO yours is the better version, slightly bigger and with a longer top flap, the shoulder strap system suits me better too, I find this a really comfy pack. Here's me with it walking out of Loch Maree towards Poolewe a couple of weeks ago

DSCF3552_zps9vkekrsy.jpg

This will be the last bag I ever get rid of, in fact I might even have it in my canoe when I have my viking funeral! ;)

Cheers,

Alan

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
In fact can I have dibs on the cartridge pouch please. Can you PM me some dimensions, looking to get an idea of how big it is...

Cheers

Alan

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Cartridge bag measures 13" x 5" x 5". There's another taker waiting for it, so please let me know asap.

Cheers

Tobes

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Sound! Pretty similar to a response pack, will make a great thwart bag and/or wee carry on for the plane. I'll take it please, Paypal or direct bank transfer, whichever you prefer, let me know the details by PM.

Cheers,

Alan

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I always had a hankering after a nessmuk pack. Is that the one bison bushcraft commissioned a few years back, before frost river went down then came back up?

I actually prefer the brass loop on the summit packs to the usual method of connecting the straps. Both bombproof of course.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
I always had a hankering after a nessmuk pack. Is that the one bison bushcraft commissioned a few years back, before frost river went down then came back up?

I actually prefer the brass loop on the summit packs to the usual method of connecting the straps. Both bombproof of course.

There were (AFAIK) two incarnations of this bag and both FR and bison sold them. I didn't think Bison commissioned them though, they just kinda resold them with their own badge on. This is IMO the better of the two incarnations and if I had the latest version I would sell it and buy this one. (I did just that a couple of years ago)

HTH

Alan

Roger

Forager
Sep 7, 2004
Sussex
There were (AFAIK) two incarnations of this bag and both FR and bison sold them. I didn't think Bison commissioned them though, they just kinda resold them with their own badge on. This is IMO the better of the two incarnations and if I had the latest version I would sell it and buy this one. (I did just that a couple of years ago)

HTH

Alan
We sold their existing Nessmuk pack but the design of the bushcraft pack was all our own work.
Roger
Bison Bushcraft

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE