Would buy 2nd hand Berghaus cyclops V1

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 25, 2022
England
Hello all
Would buy 2nd hand Berghaus cyclops V1, I been looking at backpacks.
I have a Eurohike Nepal 85L it's got a horrid creaking sound that I can't find were on pack.
And I still struggle to get everything in pack, that's more down to my packing skill leave.

Photo above I'm taking less water now 2lt and dropped the green food bag.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Cyclops is the back system, is there any particular reason you want the earlier system? I ask as Varusteleka have Vulcan Cyclops Twos in sizes 1 to 3 available: HERE

Aug 25, 2022
England
Cyclops is the back system
Didn't know that thanks, O it's a Berghaus Crusader 90 + 20
Looking at price and size then logo.

I don't want massive camo Bergen don't want look like I'm playing Army or look like Michael Ryan going off into Woods.

Last edited:

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
They are used in the Dutch army.
That's a Dutch shop here:

Have a look at the similar model
Berghaus Atlas 4.
They look more civil and have compression straps under the side pouches. That means you can get them smaller if you want.

The Crusader you can get larger if you want due to the MOLLE straps on the belly. But the question is if you are able to carry it if it's full. 110 litres is already a pretty large volume.

;)

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
The Berghaus Atlas 4 and its competitors in that range of volume are meant to carry a complete winter equipment, rather bulky and relatively light sleeping bags and padded clothing. And that doesn't mean temperatures around the freezing point but really hard winter conditions.

If I pack it like this I reach between 17 and 20 kilograms and can carry it although 20 is above my personal comfort limit and I am relatively tall and strong.

If I start to put in there additional stuff that might be usefull I surely get the perfect equipment together but it becomes a torture to haul it around.

If you put a third set of clothing, hatchet, gas kitchen, saw and whatever in there you reach easily 30 kilograms.
I highly recommend to put 30 kilograms of food or whatever into your existing rucksack and have a little walk with it.
That's the pure fun! Try it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE