Worlds Smallest Flare-Pistol

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Do you feel the angst of not enough cool stuff in your Pocket Survival Kit?

Then you're probably going to want this... the Xythos pinfire pistol with flare adaptor
because you never know when you'll need to send up a distress flare or scare away an angry vole.
Nickel%20Flare.jpg

To give you an idea just how amazingly small the this is, it fires a 2mm blank cartridge ( 0.078" ) go on, hold up your fingers and squint at the gap lol cheap tent pegs have a larger diameter! yet it manages to pop a flare skyward up to about a 35-40 meters (150 feet)
Sadly they're not wallet friendly being somewhat desirable amongst collectors who are shelling out several hundred dollars a time for one and will almost certainly need a Firearms Certificate here in the UK.

Here's a video of one in action
[video]https://youtu.be/VrSqToNF7kI?t=4m19s[/video]

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Heh. Pretty cool.

Though bulky compared to the pen flare launchers. They just seem to be a spring loaded bolt style action.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
There was a whole collected of these tiny real fire arms in Leeds armoury absolutely fascinating. I did take a picture, will try and dig it out.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
When I first came to Cornwall and thought about going out on the sea I bought a set of flares. Was surprised that the set had flares and a firing mechanism which could be loaded with them. No fuss from the chandler selling them, just a normal transaction. Pen types must to be smaller than the pistol.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
The problem with the firing types, is that you can end up firing over the head of the bear, and it goes off behind them, so the bear runs towards you.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
The problem with the firing types, is that you can end up firing over the head of the bear, and it goes off behind them, so the bear runs towards you.

Bear in mind if it's a nautical flare and you fire it on the correct bearing when a Bear is bearing down on you, it's barely likely you would aim too high...possibly..
thinking-008.gif
...........:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE