work/mondayitis

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

who would rather skip work tomorrow

• too right

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • no chance i love it

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • thats a damn fine idea

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • ive already made the call

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • id feel guilty come pay day lol

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Philbert

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2004
Northern Ireland
Oooh interesting one. I am thinking lots of people would rather skip work and have a day out and about. On the other hand quite a few people on here seem to work doing what they like from home making stuff etc. Maybe I just need a new job!

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
Luv to ... but my boss is the meanest, nastiest, evil boss I've ever had!

Oh, wait a minute ... I'm self employed ... that means I'm the boss!

When you are self-employed, you are working for yourself. Yes, you set your own schedule, but tends to be a lot harder to "take a day off" than if you were working for somebody else. And you tend to drive yourself harder than you would a slave ... um err ... I mean .... an emplyee. That's why I worked all day yesterday, today, and it will all blend into Monday.

So I might or might not work tommorrow - Monday. A lot depends upon how these old bones and muscles ache in the morning. Two days of cutting/splitting firewood tends to take a lot more out of me than the same time spent forging iron in the blacksmith shop.

So it goes.

Mikey - yee ol' grumpy German blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I work for myself - and I mean that in many ways!
I gave up a career in computers when I hit 20 and have only done work that I enjoy since then.
Not much dosh but who needs it?
I get paid to go walking, canoeing, trekking in exotic locations, helping young people find their way in life, help people with learning disability enjoy their lives a bit more.
I get given kit to try out, get paid to write about it.
I can call going canoeing with friends "skills development" = work, going for a walk "research time/gear testing" and this even includes going to Bushcraft Meets....
Skip Work?
NO WAY!

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
When I'm not doing up a house full time (which is at the moment) I can generally please myself. At the moment its half term so I'm with the kids, this afternoon we are going out for a mini yomp.

We should be in Spain now, but a slipped disc means I am reconsidering my ability to skydive occasionaly.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Unfortunatley i tried the Mondayitis thing with the wife at half 6 this morning so she could stay at home and look after the kids.

Kicked up the bum, so that didn't work. Like Tourist i've got my kids so no escaping the responsibility of looking after and watching them until Wednesday :D

Was my own boss for 13 yrs running my own business, but you can't skive off even then or the bills don't get paid :(

Tourist, surely you could rig yourself a martian landing drone balloon ball for yer sky diving lol :nana:

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
I am quite lucky as I now have mondays off from now until the spring, and I get paid them all too. This happens every year. I love my job. Well sometimes.:lmao:

Simon.

dave k

Nomad
Jun 14, 2006
Blonay, Switzerland
if I don't go to work I don't get paid, basically. Holidays are always a pain, not just because of the cost of the holiday but I loose about the same amount in missing work :(

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'm in between employment at the moment. It's quite a scary prospect with no money coming in, but I have a buffer so I am not desperately worried, but I am a little.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Ditto Ed and Spamel
Made redundant in the summer, and whilst its not killing me yet - that day is getting closer as the payout gets spent.

Ogri the trog

lofthouse31

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 16, 2007
Wiltshire
yeah your right, i had same lost me job when factory relocated abroad, i dont know what the economics of your areas is, ive never been very fussy, which is just aswell im trained in not much really.
Ive fell in to cleaning jobs now, pay aint great, but it seems a lot more secure than the factory/lorry loading jobs ive been used to.
I do a bit of catalogue and leaflet delivery too, i prefer that, nice to be outdoors.
I delivered 800 phonebooks last week which proved a trial and a half, but the upside was i found two apple trees and a blackberry bush i didnt know was there.
I hope you all get sorted ok, i feel a bit guilty about the poll now, but god loves a tryer and im sure you will get fixed up somewhere.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE