Words fail me (amost:) )

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
Hmmm... so where exactly would you put that in your average family saloon while it burns merrily for 'several hours'? As for the outer can being 'an insulator', the guy is off his trolley. Why would he think that the outer can would not get hot? There are plenty of other reasons why this is a bad plan, but... the danger factor is plenty of reason not to do it all by itself. Fail.

VFR800Essex

Tenderfoot
Feb 28, 2012
Essex UK
This is a great way to heat a car...shame you have to have all the windows open to prevent the build up of CO and thus letting all the hot air out!!:)

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Light er up, warm the car up, close your eyes and relaaaxxxxx....forever. Nobody should be promoting this to keep their family safe on youtube surely.

Light er up, warm the car up, close your eyes and relaaaxxxxx....forever. Nobody should be promoting this to keep their family safe on youtube surely.

His paint can heater is only used when he has ran out of gas, otherwise he attaches a pipe to his exhaust and pops it in through the window to use all the nice hot engine air. (PS. DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME).

Col_M

Jun 17, 2010
London and Devon
While monumentally stupid having an open flame in an enclosed space for many reasons, CO isn't the issue here as ethanol only gives off water and CO2 during combustion unless starved of oxygen, in which case asphyxiation would be of greater concern :)

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
His paint can heater is only used when he has ran out of gas, otherwise he attaches a pipe to his exhaust and pops it in through the window to use all the nice hot engine air. (PS. DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME).

Ha ha, that's a top tip Bodge! Hot exhaust would work especially well if you revved the engine to speed the process up. I'm no scientist but I figured anywhere there's a flame there's Carbon Monoxide present. Too many levels of danger going on with this set up for me to ever consider trying it...

TROOPER

Aug 17, 2009
essex
OOOOOH Dear, a nother one for the DARWIN AWARDS me thinks. Why is the Yanks always seem to win this?

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
While monumentally stupid having an open flame in an enclosed space for many reasons, CO isn't the issue here as ethanol only gives off water and CO2 during combustion unless starved of oxygen, in which case asphyxiation would be of greater concern :)

When the flame goes out, then you know when to open a window - simple!

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
I would be more concerned with setting all that plastic inside a car alight!
Then you WILL have some fumes you don't want!!!
Alan

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
Can't stand it when people spread dangerous information like this.. Guaranteed there will be 10 other people out that that will try it.

bushwacker bob

Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
5ECTW7rmDKfmYKEjv_wPmg

there are easier ways to heat a car.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE