wooohoooo! now I can start to get out more!

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Great news, Cameron, well done mate; how many knitting needles/pencils/chopsticks were in the plaster when it came off? There was all sorts of stuff stuck down in mine where I'd lost 'em whilst scratching!

Cheers Mac! Luckily for me not much, there was a long metal spoon that did the scratching, however it was full of fluff like belly button lint- how on earth it got there ill never know! :)

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Best of luck with your recovery as others have said take it easy, I spent a year in plaster after a motorbike crash, screws and metal plates in ankle and knee of my right leg. Ahh but what it is to be young you'll heal fine and be up at bushcrafting in no time.

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
I know exactly how your feeling pal snapped my ankle in march last year.eight weeks on couch with a none load bearing cast.i was propper buzzing when it came off.i had about a hundred baths after.just cause I could like.take it easy for a bit it'll be weak for a while.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Best of luck with your recovery as others have said take it easy, I spent a year in plaster after a motorbike crash, screws and metal plates in ankle and knee of my right leg. Ahh but what it is to be young you'll heal fine and be up at bushcrafting in no time.

Cheers mate! That sounds nasty, they gave me the option of pins, but I'd have to have them removed in a few years when I grow so opted for it in one go as the bone didn't need aligning. Thanks for the kind words! :)

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I know exactly how your feeling pal snapped my ankle in march last year.eight weeks on couch with a none load bearing cast.i was propper buzzing when it came off.i had about a hundred baths after.just cause I could like.take it easy for a bit it'll be weak for a while.

Cheers! Your not the only one, the bath after I got out was the most pleasant feeling I've ever had! :)

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Cheers mate! That sounds nasty, they gave me the option of pins, but I'd have to have them removed in a few years when I grow so opted for it in one go as the bone didn't need aligning. Thanks for the kind words! :)

I had to have one of the screws removed from my ankle to give me more movement hence why it took a year the three months learning to walk properly again was painful but I had a good physio. That on top of the rugby injuries well that's a different storey.....

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I had to have one of the screws removed from my ankle to give me more movement hence why it took a year the three months learning to walk properly again was painful but I had a good physio. That on top of the rugby injuries well that's a different storey.....

I have just started physio and its good, I'm sort of pleased I didn't go with surgery as I didn't fancy two ops and I did wonder about constriction of movement. Overall I got lucky the bone didn't need moving! :)

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
I have just started physio and its good, I'm sort of pleased I didn't go with surgery as I didn't fancy two ops and I did wonder about constriction of movement. Overall I got lucky the bone didn't need moving! :)

Mad! Same with me.at first they wanted too put in screws which I was against.on thorough investigation of the x rays docs decided against it too.i was back at work the day after my cast came off as that's what doc advised.it took about a month too get walking on a flat surface properly n about six months on the rocky stuff.your age is gonna help big time but takeyour time don't be chucking a heavy pack on n heading straight ter hills

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Mad! Same with me.at first they wanted too put in screws which I was against.on thorough investigation of the x rays docs decided against it too.i was back at work the day after my cast came off as that's what doc advised.it took about a month too get walking on a flat surface properly n about six months on the rocky stuff.your age is gonna help big time but takeyour time don't be chucking a heavy pack on n heading straight ter hills

Aye I won't be out for a good month or so for an overnighters, might take a short trip out towards the end of January though :).

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Well I finally ditched the crutch on Friday! I,didn't need it really but doctors orders said is boiled take it to school, invade its slippery. Didn't use it round the house at all, completed the hydrotherapy, which was brilliant, no on to some gym exercises. I got told I can do Almost anything now, apart from running, jumping. Going for a Boone challenge soon, providing my dad perks up from his ill spell (had his flu jab?, probably a cold), will keep you all posted on the trip and some reviews to come too! :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
At least you missed the frustration of being all packed up and ready to go to have your chosen site become a lethal no go area of tumbling trees and deadly deadfall or swamped out slime instead of decent pitching!
My bag has been packed and ready for a month and the storms make it practically suicidal to venture into my local woods - the darn trees are falling like a game of spillikins!
I hope the weather improves as fast as you recover!:)

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
At least you missed the frustration of being all packed up and ready to go to have your chosen site become a lethal no go area of tumbling trees and deadly deadfall or swamped out slime instead of decent pitching!
My bag has been packed and ready for a month and the storms make it practically suicidal to venture into my local woods - the darn trees are falling like a game of spillikins!
I hope the weather improves as fast as you recover!:)

That's bad news! I certainly don't fancy the idea of widowmakers tumbling down! ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE