wool & ventile jacket mk2

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi, Hope you all had a merry xmas. With a couple of days off work i started on my wool & ventile jacket the pattern comes from a Russian army jacket, but with a zip down the front, i thought about a flip but thats to much work, with all the button holes i would have to do. The sleeves have pocket on the top .
The frist pic is the pattern which i'm working from.
The others pics is what i made so far.

gorkaea1pv6.jpg

img1203za9.jpg

img1204je0.jpg

Thank you for looking.
All comments welcome
Topknot.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
the top pic is a very unusual jacket, Russian,with german autumn oakleaf cammo parts and canadian slotted buttons, where did you get that from? your pattern's looking great so far cant wait to see finished product.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi Andy,
recommended as a field uniform for the mountain regiments of the Russian Military forces and FSB,GRU and Interior Forces (MVD) operatives. Includes Anorka and Pants. This camo has "SS Summer" pattern but also can be ordered in Smog and "SS Autumn" pattern

Mid-thigh long
Loose fit allows wearing of extra layers of insulation
Size-adjustable with the waist-cord and the cord at the bottom of the jacket
Jacket has an adjustable hood with visor
Special design of the button flaps
2 external and 1 internal pockets
Enforced (double-layer) elbow areas
2 front pockets with flaps.

Cheers Topknot

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
HI Andy, Some pic's of the new camo the russian are using.

gorkae1ta6.jpg

71025649hn3.jpg

71025645ui1.jpg

The ss oakleaf camo smock in the pic below go for £49+pp

tg499gx9.jpg

cheers Topknot.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Cheers for the pics topknot looks like the ruskies are going down the road of many differant cammo's the top pic looks the most like ss summer oakleaf but i would still say it is a hybrid of summer and autumn original, i used to have some ww2 german kit from
zeugmeisterei.com and der zeugwart, both of whom use original patterns and in some case's material , i had oakleaf and burred edge smocks , the oakleaf summer has the green to it but also a tan/pink colour, shown here http://www.zeugmeisterei.com/cms/en/index.php?pageid=526
where as the russkie stuff in the original pic you posted and the top new one has the green but the more autumn golden brown like this http://www.zeugmeisterei.com/cms/en/index.php?pageid=136
i think theyve merged the two to come up with something of there own, they would certainly have enough captured stock to practice with ,cheers again and i really am not trying to be a dork about this it just does look like a mix of oakleaf so i was interested, please shown us your wool/ventile smock when finished,the pattern and bits so far look spot on.

ps the bottom link by SOF ? ive seen those but they are not spot on for accuarcy i used to do brit ww2 reenacting and didnt use sof my personnel opinion is there are better more accurate suppliers of kit,both axis and allied kit in the UK.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi,
A little bit more to the jacket. I have put the front pockets with zip closers in ,the back of the pockets are made from a sil-nylon as not to waste ventile. I will fix them inplace with the main front zip. To finish off the pocket when i get some time i will put a flap over the front zips in ventile.
I like the sofo camo pic:lmao: :lmao:
Cheers Topknot.

img1206tg6.jpg

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Well if the Russian's copied it off the Fins, then the Fins copied the oakleaf parts off the 3rd Reich lucky for them i dont think anyone will sue!

Looking good Topknot, is it old military blanket that your using for the wool parts? if so what type?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE