Wool Blanket Bushshirt (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Cowboy , What did you use for stitching and how did it fare?? IE was is a standard machine???

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Well that is fan-bloody- tastic........great design & detail & I love your mix of styles.too............that's certainly brightened up my sunday.
I think a big bravo to Mrs. cowboy (or should that be cowgirl ?) is in order, those are excellent photos.
Well done again .......

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Fabulous, practical and considered design, mate, love the way the sensible additions like the leather trim add to the design without being 'in-yer-face'.... and talking of faces, your tash looks grand, wear it with pride!

Your cape is excellent too, is that another Cowboy original?

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Thank you Kind friends.. Its great to have feedback like this! Not one negative yet, must have done sumert right! ;)

TeeDee - I used a sowing machine for joining all the sections together but had to use a thicker needle as this wool if REALLY thick. Every Part is double stitched to give it more strength and the with the pocket i made sure i triple stitched around the areas were it would gain more strain. (where you put your hands in)

..And the leather trimming i stitched by hand, going half way into the wool and out at around 90 degrees, on both sides!

Ps, yes i used a standard electric machine

blacktimberwolf
- Thanks you very much indeed! Ill be sure top pass the message on to Mrs Cowgirl! :)

TurboGirl
- Another kind comment! Very much appreciated! The tash is starting to grow on me, i must admit! ;)

ATB

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
I dont unfortunately mate, but as i said this one will be making its way to a new home when i start on my newer one and ill make sure i do a full tutorial on how i do it! :)

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Cheers Pete, it certainly is warm!! wools such a pleasure to work with, i ironed mine in areas a few times and gave it a stretch. Its amazing how it keep out the wind and cold!! :)

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Brilliant bit of work - as is the hood/cape thingy. Although I think you'll now be known as Zorro, not Cowboy....................

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Haha.. tar fellas! :)

Matt you should defo have a bash at one mate. would be 100% easier with the Italian wool you have!!

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I assume you used a 'normal' bit of clothing as a sacrificial template for the cut and sizing?

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Now that's really clever. Like that a lot. I keep seeing these homemade smocks and always promised myself I'd have a go at doing one too.

Just a thought but if that one's too big why not use it in conjucntion with the next one you make wearing underneath the first? Or would that be just too bulky?

Anyway really REALLY nice job. Pix saved to file for inspiration.

Nice 'tasche too My mate grew a tasche for Movember, it grew in a lot better now that he's older, in his early 20's in looked like a third eyebrow.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE