Woodspirit protection

saxonaxe

Settler
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
A look into the future of your Wood spirit, Wildgoose.

Two Wood Spirits live in my back garden, the larger one was a present made for me by a good friend on my old Unit as a gift when I retired...April in 1999. ( where did that quarter Century go? )...:laugh:
He's carved from Field Maple and has never been treated with any kind of preservative, having spent about 5 years on an open Verandah and the remaining 20 in a garden, as now.

The small one standing on top is much newer, about 6 years, a present from my Daughter. Typical ..She thought the old Wood Spirit needed company...:D
He is made of Silver Birch, also untreated.

The big Wood Spirit is perhaps half the weight he was when new, and loses a little more with each passing season.
Just a personal choice to leave them outside amongst the greenery where I think they belong, watching over me and returning to the earth.
:thumbsup:

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
The seller had quite a few, similar but no two the same obviously. Mostly Gandalf-esk or green man.

Made in Dorset but not by him.

I have considered letting him age and return to the earth but I also really like him

Sherpa

Aug 5, 2012
Hampshire
Sorry to hijack your thread but if anyone picked up a half finished wood spirit walking stick at the Wilderness Gathering at Hole park could you please post as the maker and his son would like to be reunited with it .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE