Woodlore Camp Craft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 14, 2008
uk
Hi everyone,

I wish to go on the Woodlore Camp Craft course next year and wanted to know if any of you guys had been on it before and could provide me with additional information about the course and what experiences you had on it.

Cheers

Adam

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Well as you've had 71 views and no replies I suppose those folks havn't been on the course. Nor have I, but being Woodlore and and their very high reputation I wouldn't imagine you'd be dissapointed. I wouldn't think RM would employ bozo's. I've only ever heard good experiences from Woodlore. I'm sure it'll be an excellent experience.

Have fun.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Well as you've had 71 views and no replies I suppose those folks havn't been on the course. Nor have I, but being Woodlore and and their very high reputation I wouldn't imagine you'd be dissapointed. I wouldn't think RM would employ bozo's. I've only ever heard good experiences from Woodlore. I'm sure it'll be an excellent experience.

Have fun.

Might be more of a case that those who have been on the course are at work and haven't had a chance to reply.

But I do agree with the fact that RM wouldn't employ bozo's. The reports back about the fundamental bushcraft course sing their praises very highly.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Might be more of a case that those who have been on the course are at work and haven't had a chance to reply.

But I do agree with the fact that RM wouldn't employ bozo's. The reports back about the fundamental bushcraft course sing their praises very highly.

Indeed Mesquite.

It can only be good.

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
I attended a couple of years ago and can't recommend it enough. Good introduction to use and care of sharps, and completed a number of projects over the week. One reason you may not have had many posts is that we don't want to spoil your enjoyment of the surprise element. Very useful course, enjoy,
jon

MitchelHicks

Forager
Aug 29, 2006
London
I went on it last year nice little course specially if you havent bought your sharps already as theres a wide range that you can try out and see which one fits best. You get given a mora clipper, spoon knife (I think it says crook knife but theres no straight section on the blade) and a small foresst axe. If you already have a small forest axe they let you pay the difference and get a larger one or they did. They also give a nice introduction on re-finishing axe handles which helped me alot when I started making my own knives. I dont really want to give away to many spoilers but the projects are good but you complete them in your own camp time because theres always alot going on. Which includes everything from a standing tree to your little project so you end up with a very broad knowledge base by the end. Paul Kirtley takes the courses now I think, really nice guy remembered my name from the year before. I think Steve and Phil help out alot as well but Im not sure. All in all a nice little course ive got a couple of photos but not of much to busy to get the camera out most of the time. If you have any other questions just post them ill be on for a bit

Hope this helps

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
I'm off to do the Camp Craft course in a couple of weeks, 31st Aug to 5th Sept.

I might post a mini-review when I get back, but like the Fundamental and Journeyman courses that I've already done, I daresay the Woodlore team will ask that we don't reveal too much about the course content in the public domain. That way everyone starts with a fairly level playing field on arrival and people don't have too much in the way of preconceptions about what to expect.

I do expect the course to be interesting and well taught, going by the experience of my previous courses with Woodlore.

jameshs

Oct 23, 2007
London
I did the course in July and support the recommendations.

I think Phil will probably be leading by now - he is excellent - knowlede combined with humour - a powerful tool.

while there are lots of things to do it is a more measured pace than other courses - a chance to get deeper into the skills of making yourself comfortable using the resources around you.

I think there is another thread running on this topic somewhere.

well timed, well considred course run to the usual high quality of Woodlore (I am a fan).

as it is self catering I would recommend taking real food! - lots of people had variations of pot noodles - not sure how you can do that for a week!!!

James

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE