Woodlander Arrives- Ben Orford Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Brixton

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 3, 2005
scanker said:
I don't think it would hang other than plumb if the lanyard hole was moved a couple of mm. It'll always point down! :)

In the words of Homer Simpson "Dohhh!"
Yes you are right.
and there was me thinking I was clever
It is virtually the same knife
4mm. steel stock, Yew Handle.
The difference with mine is the modification to the sheath (idea shamelessly ripped off the bearclaw knife)
and the blade top edge grind.
see below.

I'm dead pleased with this as it makes it much more comfortable when using the ferro rod.
These two mods cost me an extra £20.00 but well worth it I think.
The best bit about Ben's knives is IMHO the care sheet which comes complete with a plaster stapled to it.
How does it work?
Well the garage is full of buts of chopped wood and my face is full of smiles although I haven't been away with it as yet.
Am doing South American Jungle in the summer for four weeks; that'll test it for sure.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I got mine from Ben about a month ago. I haven't had a chance to play with them really yet as I've been away in New Zealand, mountainbiking.
The quality seems very high, especially on the leatherwork. A nice touch is that the thong hole on the firesteel is also brass lined.
I asked Ben to make the crook knife with a matching apple handle and I think they make a very handsome couple.
2006_0312Image0126.jpg

Reactions: tomtom

Nod

Forager
Oct 10, 2003
Land of the Angles
Nice piccies chaps. Glad to see you are happy with them too.

I like you're little fire steel grind mod there Brixton.....good idea that is.

I've used my plaster already.......mind you, I suppose I could claim there is an old woodmans saying that goes......"It ain't your knife proper till you 'ave cut yourself with it quite bad....on the finger....just 'ere"

It might just work :)
Took a while to sand the blood out of the spoon.

Brixton

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 3, 2005
Funny that.
I've bought (ahem) a few knives and axes in my time and hardly ever cut myself
I've bought 2 from Ben, this one and a wee crook knife, and each time I've created some claret on day one :)
Must be the "curse of the Orford"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE