Woodland Planning Grant

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I'm not sure how relevant this is but I know there's a few woodland owners on the forum. I've just applied for a woodland planning grant: http://www.forestry.gov.uk/ewgs-wpg

You need to have over 3 hectares and be prepared to do a fair bit of form filling but you do get some money to cover the work and, hopefully, get to understand your woodland better. You can also use the exercise to apply for a long term felling licence which will be very useful.

lossandspider

Dec 2, 2013
Bristol
Thanks. Will have a look, but just out of interest, do you know if there are any restrictive conditions such as granting public access to the woodland etc. in exchange for the funding?

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
That was one of the first things I asked. I've been told there's nothing that grants public access and I've not come across anything scary in the small print yet. If you are interested it would be worth phoning your local FC office to see if the funding is still available and to ask any questions. The main problem I've had is getting the land on the rural payment register, it took several weeks.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I don't know, the details do just refer to woodland on a 'property' so it looks likely. Phone and ask.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE