Woodland over nighter.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere
al21 said:
That looks very nice. Would the canal/river give you the option to get there by canoe?
Not to that woodland but im thinking of getting a canoe as there is plenty of nice places ive spotted along the river to camp up at.:)

Good plan! I liked your style with getting yourself dropped off by the Mem-Sahib with all your wood and food etc and then walking out after they were used. A canoe makes carrying the little luxuries that much easier. :)

Thanks for sharing

Al

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Great fotos Sticks.

You seem to have your act together. I take it your an old hand at this? :D

I too love that old enamelled billy and cup, interesting firebox as well.

Thanks for posting,

Liam

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Looks fella goodjob that pot of yours looks good, (getting one myself :D )

I got it off of ebay and they have it listed as a railway workers billycan,i can remember my GreatGrandad who was a stocker using one of these.

I like them as there much easier to clean the the steel billycan ive used in the past.

I've just seen one on Surplus & outdoors website.

No connection etc., etc.

Liam

sticks65

Forager
Mar 18, 2007
Caer-lerion
Great fotos Sticks.

You seem to have your act together. I take it your an old hand at this? :D

I too love that old enamelled billy and cup, interesting firebox as well.

Thanks for posting,

Liam
Thanks.

You could say that :)

The firebox is good for places like dartmoor where you cannot have a ground fire or if you just want a small contained fire for cooking in pine woods.

sticks65

Forager
Mar 18, 2007
Caer-lerion
Good plan! I liked your style with getting yourself dropped off by the Mem-Sahib with all your wood and food etc and then walking out after they were used. A canoe makes carrying the little luxuries that much easier. :)

Thanks for sharing

Al
Less stress on the poor old knees:D

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Sticks,

Is that a commercially obtained firebox, or one you knocked together in your shed?

Your swedish pack must be like Mary Poppins' handbag, either that or very well packed. :D

Definately an old hand, it shows mate, it shows - very impressive.

Cheers

Liam

sticks65

Forager
Mar 18, 2007
Caer-lerion
Sticks,

Is that a commercially obtained firebox, or one you knocked together in your shed?

Your swedish pack must be like Mary Poppins' handbag, either that or very well packed. :D

Definately an old hand, it shows mate, it shows - very impressive.

Cheers

Liam
The firebox i bought from an English company called woodland edge a few years back.

http://www.woodlandedge.co.uk/firebox.html

The Wife says my pack is like the DR Whos tardis:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE