Woodfest, Faversham,Kent in october

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.

Got the information sent to me this morning from a friend, sounds like a great 2 day event.
May be of interest for others in and around Kent.

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
Did anyone bother going?, I got there for half ten and although it was a tenner to get in and a bit small for the first one,, I thought it was great, had a go at archery, axe throwing, spoke to loads of people, joined the wildlife trust, saw green wood working and leather working, black smithing, chainsaw carving, woodland management, hedge laying, bought some tools off a guy who deals in only old tools, got a new book too, the little book of whittling , going to have a go later,really friendly group of people, got invited to join the archery group and the pole lathe and green wood working group, unfortunately work gets in the way of doing any over night all weekend stuff,
I did grin when a guy from a company called badgers bushcraft was using a folding saw, he had his left foot holding the log down, right hand sawing and left hand crossed in front holding the piece he was cutting off, looked quite awkward.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Sounds like you had a great time Dave, :) the organiser invited me to show what i do unfortunately i couldn't make it. This was their first one so understandably a bit quiet, i hope it takes off for them and becomes a regular event.

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Sounds like a great day out :)

I did grin when a guy from a company called badgers bushcraft was using a folding saw, he had his left foot holding the log down, right hand sawing and left hand crossed in front holding the piece he was cutting off, looked quite awkward.

It may have looked awkward but it's actually one of the safest way to saw because unless you've got your left hand well away from the saw it can't jump out of the initial cut and bite you. All that will happen if it does come out is the back of the blade might hit your wrist but that won't damage you :)

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
Sounds like you had a great time Dave, :) the organiser invited me to show what i do unfortunately i couldn't make it. This was their first one so understandably a bit quiet, i hope it takes off for them and becomes a regular event.

It was a nice day, hoping it gets bigger each year, even the wife was impressed and started to understand why I like bushcraft and being outdoors when I can.
Definitely going again.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I went. Was an interesting event. A bit expensive at a tenner, if it grows a bit next year, that price will be ok. Other than that, an enjoyable day out.

J

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
we were going to attend as traders, i think friends of ours (shark designs and lord & llama) did, but were uncertain what with it being the first year....may look into it next year, glad you had a nice day,

regards

sonni

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
we were going to attend as traders, i think friends of ours (shark designs and lord & llama) did, but were uncertain what with it being the first year....may look into it next year, glad you had a nice day,

regards

sonni

Just seen ya items on your website and eBay shop, would have been lovely to see them up close at the event, hopefully get a chance next year.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE