Wooden bowl?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
I can't stand eating my grub off a plate when I'm out camping, it always ends up sploshed down my leg!
So, I'm looking for a wooden bowl, with a handle. Has anyone got any ideas, pics or links to something appropriate?
I don't want anything too heavy, but am willing to compromise :)
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
carve one mate ;) an oversized kuksa perhaps. I'm carving one at the moment :D Or one like Robin Woods's Mazers, with the twin handles. Part turned, part carved. Beautiful things they are :D
here's a view of one from Robins website
oiling-bowls.jpg

Attachments

• oiling-bowls.jpg
    oiling-bowls.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
carve one mate ;) an oversized kuksa perhaps. I'm carving one at the moment :D Or one like Robin Woods's Mazers, with the twin handles. Part turned, part carved. Beautiful things they are :D
here's a view of one from Robins website
oiling-bowls.jpg

Lol, if I had the skill, time & patience I'd give it a go, but i'm sadly lacking in all three :)
Those bowls look pretty cool though, thanks for the pics :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Wherever you get one from (and mine are probably out of many folks budget) you will find eating from a wooden bowl is a whole lot nicer than from plastic, metal or pottery. Your food stays warm without the bowl getting hot and burning your hands because wood is a natural insulator and it makes a nice noise none of that scratchy scratchy, chink chink. When camping I like one with a reasonably open form that I can lick clean. Some folk worry about hygiene of wood but it performs better in scientific tests than plastic, see here http://www.robin-wood.co.uk/using-woodware.htm

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE