Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I have been reading up on whether it's OK to pick up foraged wood from somewhere you do not own....(99.99999999% of this once fine land).

Apparently it's now classed as theft, no ifs no buts unless you own the land (probably from your ancestors having the most ability to kill anyone and all who complained) or apply for a permit/licence from whoever does(fat chance if it's the council)!

My local area is strewn with cut trees, standing ring barked trees, fallen trees all rotting away and more than any ecosystem could ever normally use.

But take away a few rounds to heat your home, what you can carry (not transit loads) and your on par with the cast of Benifits Britain or Skint who will rob a child of its lollipop to fund a heroin or booze addiction, in the eyes of the law!

Yes I am seething as I write this. Yet another thing that is illegal in this country and I'm almost in despair!!

I feel like I would be better off going into town, getting totally bladdered, pick a fight, slash up against a phone box and make a total nuisance of myself as the most punishment for these crimes I have beer seen on Road Wars, Police Interceptors or Night Cops is an £80 fine!!! If that!!

Take a bit of rotting wood though and your a thief deserving of a criminal conviction.....

:soapbox:

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Nope nothing, it's all stealing! There was something in the Magna Carta but as the current bunch of bureaucrats ain't earning out of it it's now illegal.

Soon it will be illegal to step out your own front door unless your going to claim your Benefits or pay your taxes :(

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
That's terrible! I can only imagine how frustrating it must be. You have my sympathies and I hope things do change for the better in the future.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...yes I am seething as I write this. Yet another thing that is illegal in this country and I'm almost in despair!..Take a bit of rotting wood though and your a thief deserving of a criminal conviction...

Politics, go and read the rules you signed up to when you joined. Don't do it again or you will be carded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE