wood sealer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WilS

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 3, 2008
North Wales
I know I could make myself look very silly now, but personally I wouldn't bother. Decent shop-bought wooden spoons or chopping boards rarely have anything on them. Nice tight grain, good workmanship and a decent wash after use, they'll be fine. If you're worried about hygiene or smells, rub them with a lemon skin. They contain natural anti-bacterial properties and lemon oil is kind to wood. All the best. :)

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
I would seal them, dry wood is like blotting paper and will absorb whatever comes near it, if thats milk from your breakfast it can then go rancid. The perfect oil is one that cures or dries, tung is good, walnut is good if you don't have nut allergy, linseed is good but make sure its pure linseed without additives, I buy mine from horse feed merchants. If it was just a few bowls for myself I would use walnut...buy it anywhere they sell olive oil.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE