Wood burner

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Hi just wondering. Is there a tutorial or something similar, somewhere on how to make a wood burning stove from items such as beer kegs or gas bottles etc. I can't seem to find one? If not what could you make one out of? Using VERY minimum tools. I.e drills saws screwdrivers etc. No welding or band saws pillar drills etc. Is it possible?

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
ive made a few of these and the only welding i did was to weld the hinges on the door , i suppose these could be drilled and bolted on instead. if you wanted a stand i suppose that could be bolted together as well. you may need a small hand grinder to cut out the door but you can get those cheap, car boot ? and a few metal cutting discs.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Try instrucabiles, they used to have how to drill them etc.

Good luck, like the idea, but want a bomb desposial robot to do it for me! :yikes:

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Andy do you have any pics you could show me? or does anyone? what about a chimney? how would I go about connecting some sort of chimney to the main body? and what could I make it from? Turns out I have a fair bit of tools at my disposal, (step dad works for bosch) so thats not a problem anymore. I'm thinking, get a Beer keg...e.g a Heineken one thats not that big, cutting a door out, bolting hinges on to make a door, drilling a hole in the side and making a chimney....anyone have any tips? or can anyone point me to one thats already been made...thanks :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE