Wohoo! The 22nd World Scout Jamboree is nearly here!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SussexRob

Dec 26, 2010
East Grinstead
Hi all,

Just an over excited post really!

I'm an Assistant Unit Leader taking a unit to the 22nd World Scout Jamboree, and our journey begins on Sunday!!

I'm very excited, 3 weeks, 3 countries. Denmark, Copenhagen first, for a party with 4000 other UK members, for a UK contingent party, then on to Kristenstadt, Sweden for the Jamboree itself, camping with over 40,000 people from 160 countries, followed by a 5 day Home Hospitality stay in Dusseldof, Germany!

I can't wait, and am ridiculously excited! Those kids are going to have a life changing experience!

Should anyone be interested, I'll be attempting to post updates on what I get up to on my twitter account, @Rob_jamboree, but that will all be dependant on time and internet availability.

So, from Sunday, it'll be a few weeks until I post again on here, so apologies if I seem to go quiet and ignore posts/threads.

Rob

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
You will have a great time Rob, just take advantage of every opportunity that comes up as you'll probably not have time to go back later. I spent the last Jamboree at Gilwell on the activities team and the experience was truly unique even though it was:

- off-site so the Scouts were only their during the day
- in the same country (well Essex anyway!) but you would never know
- hard work but enjoyable (we had 1000 scouts a day through our archery!)

SussexRob

Dec 26, 2010
East Grinstead
I know exactly what you mean, every second counts when your there.

I was at the one in Essex too, working in the Plaza Facilities tent, running lost property!

The atmosphere was amazing, and it was a truly life changing experience for me, made even more so as I met my now wife there!

I don't think you can ever convey what the experience is like to people who havent been. Over 40,000 people in one place, with the same love and passion for scouting, all living happily together and having so much fun is simply mind blowing.

cbkernow

Forager
Jun 18, 2009
cornwall
only 3 more sleeps!!

My journey begins on Sunday too, Heathrow to Copenhagen, arriving on site Sunday night, IST training on Tuesday then the masses arriving on Wednesday!

Soo excited.

cbkernow

Forager
Jun 18, 2009
cornwall
Terminal 3 for me, departing 16:50GMT

ooo just dicovered "Kent 2" and "Herts-Leic-Kent-Bucks" are on the same flight.

You're West Sussex 2 aren't you?

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE