Woggle aka a big bead/lanyard bead

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Simple little project to keep those grey cells of mine working, a woggle made from a section of Hazel. the initial hole was drilled out and then refined using a fine tipped blade, of course it could just be drilled out to the right size in the first place, but carving is fun and ive not done much in the past week or so due to illness.

53871046054_8a00832e7d_z.jpg

Last edited:

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Now! This is interesting! I’m impressed.

For more than a year now I have been trying to make a bushcraft musical instrument.

How long do you think that you could make that tube?

IMG_6694.jpeg
This little whistle (technically it is an occarina and can play Beethoven) is the longest working tube that I’ve made just using a drill bit in a handle and following with a hand auger. (Lathes are hardly bushcraft tools!)

Could you get a blade into the ends of a tube say three times the length of your woggle bead?

Edited to wage war on the autocorrect.

Edited again to say:
Drilling it out to the right size to start with would be VERY much more difficult than it sounds.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE