WK hand forged Ultra-portable grill

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Here's the latest prototype from the forge someone asked me to design ;).

A 18" x 10" (45cm x 25cm) grill, with bars at every 2", that will fit in a tiny drawstring bag (about 20" x 3" :yikes: - If I can make one :rolleyes:)

It weighs 1.5kg (just over 3lb's in old money)

Ultra-portablegrill2.jpg

Ultra-portablegrill3.jpg

Ultra-portablegrill4.jpg

£35 without a bag but with Paypal and postage

Last edited:

gsfgaz

Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
imagine trying ti build that when ur pisheeeed .... crisps anyone .... . nice work kev ...

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
What stops the legs flattening Kev ? Is it just held tight enough so they don't slip ?

Handy looking bit of kit

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
What stops the legs flattening Kev ? Is it just held tight enough so they don't slip ?

Handy looking bit of kit

Not the tightness of the wing nut's that stop it. They are just to hold the sides on. They can't go any farther out due to the design but they could fold under to about 20º from vertical. but they will still be stable. The next version will be even more stable as it came to me how to mod it after it was all put together :)

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
looks like theres a flat bit next to the hoop on the legs that goes under the frame, stops them opening up

Oh yeah so there is, well spotted Robbi

I see the bar's looped at one side with a lug at the other, clever stuff Kev.

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
I think it may be a little flimsy with Ali and may flatten with a dutch oven on it. (I've tested it with the big plant pot with a tree in it as before, but haven't stood on this one.....yet :))

The bend on the end of the interim bars are so they can be pushed in without falling through (not so fiddly this way)

Last edited:

RJames

Forager
Jun 25, 2008
Durham, UK
that is beautiful kev... I will be in touch with you about a tripod and/ or a grill in the next month when my belated xmas bonus appears :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE