Wiston Lodge

Scout

Nomad
Aug 30, 2005
Dumfries & Galloway
Just got back from a weekend at Wiston Lodge. Had a great time. Great company as usual. The weather was OK, rain on and off and a few strong winds but the main camp area was nice and sheltered.

Thanks to Tam for organising it and for a great weekend.

A few pics

The Camp
DSCN2647.jpg

DSCN2651.jpg

Tipi's
DSCN2650.jpg

Set-up's
DSCN2652.jpg

DSCN2653.jpg

Scott's breakfast
DSCN2657.jpg

Colin with the bowdrill
DSCN2658.jpg

Lots of fungi about
DSCN2644.jpg

DSCN2643.jpg

DSCN2642.jpg

DSCN2641.jpg

DSCN2640.jpg

Some shelters we found in the woods
DSCN2639.jpg

DSCN2637.jpg

DSCN2634.jpg

And Tam
DSCN2655.jpg

Thanks to every one for a great weekend,

Nathan & Rodney

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Thanks to everyone for a very enjoyable weekend, i had a really good time with lots of laughs as usual, i will post my pics up in a little while.

For a non alcohol bushcraft meet, how come i still feel hung over, say no more, but Tam the ex policeman isnt very good at the body search game, im sure a few wee tipples were sneaked in this weekend.

And for once we even managed a lot of bushy activities, CL would be proud......:lmao:

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Thanks for making it a great weekend guys and to Toddy for the soup.

Good place for a meet isn't it?

I've just had a good three hours sleep in the bath, magic.

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
Thanks for the usual crew for a brilliant weekend. Mr King even brought a little Suavity to the occasion. Cheers Tam for organising it.

atb

Rodders

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Yet another superb weekend away big thanks to Tam for organising the meet and everyone else who turned up. Another thanks to Colin 'Mears' for the Journeyman course on Saturday, learnt a lot in a short amount of time and gave a great starting point for learning some new skills.

As always the banter was excellent with loads of stories getting told and generally spent both evenings in hysterics.

All in all great time, superb company and roll on the next one, looking forward to it already.

Some pics:

DSC00677.jpg

Tam making a spoon.

DSC00678.jpg

Natural shelter.

DSC00681.jpg

More fungi.

DSC00683.jpg

DSC00688.jpg

DSC00689.jpg

My wee home for the weekend :)

DSC00685.jpg

DSC00686.jpg

The base camp setup.

DSC00691.jpg

DSC00692.jpg

DSC00694.jpg

DSC00699.jpg

Colin having a shot of 'Gertrude' the bowdrill he got an ember but no flame :( well done anyway mate better than I have ever done :lmao:

Last edited:

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Looks like it was a good trip. Will definitely have to make the next one you have up there. Was supposed to be going but things came up and had to miss it. Even today's walk locally eating plums, damsons and apples found growing wild in the hedgerows. Also blackberries but its been poor this year. Free food doesn't make up for missing a good meet like this one. Reckon I'll have to try harder to make the next one. Glen Trool perhaps. Not been there for about 4 years or more. Way too many drunken staggers round the nearby Newton Stewart over the years have been had followed by badly hung over staggers round the Glen Trool hills. Can't beat that area for being wild, rugged and being alone.

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Great weekend lads thanks to all for turning up and to Tam for organising it ,roll on the next one !
i have a few picks on my camera that i had not taken, but i think i know who did ,am looking for the following suspects

This very scary guy ,and not pretty at all !!:lmao: I think is the ring leader
wistonlodge20011006.jpg

This next one is someone called Rodney I think
wistonlodge20011007.jpg

Just plain Scary !!!!!!!!!
wistonlodge20011008.jpg

And monkey boy ,
wistonlodge20011009.jpg

Jason

Last edited:

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Haha my wee onesie did the trick, better than any of that reindeer skin nonsense lol!

I had forgotten about an un named entity stealing your camera and making us all do silly poses Jason :lmao:

Did you get a pick of me in my tent getting visitors during the night? :D

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Haha my wee onesie did the trick, better than any of that reindeer skin nonsense lol!

I had forgotten about an un named entity stealing your camera and making us all do silly poses Jason :lmao:

Did you get a pick of me in my tent getting visitors during the night? :D

What this one

wistonlodge20011011.jpg

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Haha that's the one, I thought that might have been a second option for your 1000 posts even had a quote lined up lol...

As we tumbled and turned we ended up together as one unit upside down in our tent in the middle of the shaggy burn!

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Haha that's the one, I thought that might have been a second option for your 1000 posts even had a quote lined up lol...

As we tumbled and turned we ended up together as one unit upside down in our tent in the middle of the shaggy burn!

AAAAHHHHHH The Shaggy Burn, a right dangerous place, the haunt of witches and the cursed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE