Winter hot camping Utube Clips

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Just watched the first part. Great videos and the roll out flue, how cool is that? Had no idea such things existed, is it Ti?

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
Just watched the first part. Great videos and the roll out flue, how cool is that? Had no idea such things existed, is it Ti?

I have a seek outside stove but the uturn version. Even the stove body rolls up with the flu. Very cool but as twodogs says the price tags will make your eyes water.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
The teent is a kifaru Sawtooth, the stove a Seekoutside Ti stove and pipe. Seekoutside do a similar tent the Backcountry http://seekoutside.com/products/ultralight-tipis/backcountry-shelter/

The Ti stoves are excellent - I use a Large in my Seekoutside Tipi 8-man. Only problem I had was the legs, which were a bit flimsy and bent (as did Bare THrill's) - but to be fair SO sent me - free of charge - two sets of sturdier ones plus lots of spare butterfly nuts etc, which have proved to be fine.

Actually, I had another problem, but all my own fault! Instead of initially rolling the stovepipe (a 10-footer) in ideal conditions, and doing a preliminary burn-in as recommended, I tried to do it single-handed, on a hilly snow-mound in the Norwegian forests in January. Now looks a bit like a badly-hand-rolled cigarette, but still works perfectly! THese Ti stoves burn very hot very quickly, but don't stay in for more than an hour or so without needing more wood. For car-camping, I use the hollow compressed logs from Homebase, which are ideal, and last about 1.5 to 2 hours before needing re-stoking.

To give an idea of weight, the 8-man tipi, with carbon pole, mossie nets and zip-covers on both full-length doors, plus large stove and 10-foot pipe, still comes in at under 12 lbs or 5 and a bit kg. I also have an inner "nest" http://store.seekoutside.com/2-person-nest/ which I sometimes use, and this adds another 20 oz to the total. I've also used the nest on its own in good weather - works great as it has its own floor and bug protection, but wouldn't work too well in rain without a tarp overhead!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE