Winter holiday advice needed, yellowstone.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
Hi

My wife and I are looking at going on holiday around new year. We would love to do a bit of wild life tracking snowshoeing cross country skiing. The wife needs a warm cabin at the end of night but would tolerate a warm tipi.

Yellowstone looks amazing but anything would be considered. Any ideas?

Jan 28, 2010
ontario
Algonquin Park is a great winter destination...you can book a yurt or a ranger cabin, or go luxury and stay at Bear Trail Couples Resort...
(or talk your wife into a winter camping experience)...
The park's website has lots of info about winter activities...I love Algonquin in winter...snowshoeing and listening to the wolves at night...

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
Spent a week in Finnish Lapland a couple of years ago. The countryside there was amazing and plenty to do, from snowshoeing, cross country skiing , dog sleding, reindeer sleding, ice fishing . Once your past christmas , the prices drop aswell.

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
Me and the Mrs did a winter trip to Yosemite park a few years ago. Very wintry conditions, as we anticipated but we found that the local Rangers went out of their way to stop us going on anything other than established (and guided) tourist trails on the valley floor, despite the fact we came fully kitted out for a few days winter expedition on the mountains.

They take their Safety Precautions seriously (as we do) and I couldn't really complain as we had turned up pretty much on an ad hoc basis. So, I suggest you make contact well in advance and find out exactly where you can go, what you need to bring with you and to basically alert them to your intent.

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
Thanks all for the advice, some more ideas to explore!

I would love to do the winter camping, but the first camping trip my wife had ever been on was a remote canoe trip on the Norway Sweden border I loved it but she was craving comforts such as a toilet seat! So I now have to make a few consessions!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE