Wine Recipe Suggestions Please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Brewers Whoop

Tenderfoot
Dec 19, 2008
Somerset
Got a cupboard full of blackberry wine and elderberry port maturing away; a couple of litres of sloe gin ready for slurping now, and 24L of porter fermenting nicely.

And four nice clean sanitised empty demijohns trying to attract my attention every time I go in the kitchen.

But I'm a bit stumped for a recipe at the moment. Anyone got any suggestions please, for a wine recipe made with seasonal ingredients; gathered or inexpensive to satisfy my inner miser.

Cheers!

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
Root Ginger and Parsnip springs to mind. I will also be making Raspberry wine with all the fruit I have collected and frozen through the year. And not to forget the 2 large Ikea bags of apples that got dropped off at my house last weekend.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Get a copy of "First steps in Winemaking" by CJJ Berry.
130 Month by month recipes in British, Metric and US measurements - or "Booze for Free" by Andy Hamilton - and you will never be short of recipes again!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Try a nice mead - my recipe is on here somewhere - its a good time of year for doing it - it may be ready for next Yule

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Jam Wine
5 jars of tescos finest mega cheap mixed fruit jar at 29p a jar
pectolitic enzyme
high speed yeast
1 gallon of water.

no need for added sugar, but extra stuff like rose petels or elder flowers might be nice. Ready in about two weeks.

Taste like jacques fruit cider, but sweeter and stronger.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE