Willow Wood Available Soon

Hi All,

New to this forum but just wanted to say a quick hello and share some resources with anyone who is interested.

I will be heading out this weekend to clear a load of willow and possibly hazel. I primarily turn and do a small amount of carving so I think the majority of what I clear wont be too much use to me. The only other future it will have is as a big old bonfire.

If anyone is interested in making use of this free wood then please let me know here. I will be cutting and collecting over the weekend and will post pictures when I can.

I'm based in Carmarthenshire not too far from the end of the M4. The landowner has only asked to see it go to good use so some pictures of whatever gets made would make her happy enough as payment.

Let me know and I look forward to getting involved here a lot more once I get some big jobs out of the way.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

What a nice way to join us...by offering free wood to anybody who wants it, nice one dude :)

I'm a little too far to collect and as a tree surgeon I already have all the wood I can eat but I still appreciate the approach :)

Hope you enjoy the forum,

Bam. :)

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Not sure about the right time to do it but people pay good money for fresh cut willow wands as it grows from them. I know someone who sells them on Ebay every once in a while.

Something like Green Willow Bundles should throw up a few results.

Last edited:

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
That's a very generous offer - many thanks. Sadly, I am tied to my work over the weekend so I'll have to pass this time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE