Willow Trough / Small Dough Bowl

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Following on from this thread, i eventually got round to doing a bit more on the long dough style bowl i started.

as it was, a week or so ago

DSCN6397.jpg

DSCN6398.jpg

Now that it's dried out i was able to make some progress on it, so as of today, it looks like this, still very rough, but getting there

DSCN7026.jpg

I need to spend some serious time on it refining the whole thing, think i might go for a totally tooled finish, just by way of a change

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
If you are going to make pizza dough for your bimble mates then leave it tooled finish, we don't mind.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Will you stop it. I'm still struggling with carving a simple spoon, I don't need to see this type of work and to feel like Andy Murray, a mere second place to a true artisan.

:lmao:, me an artisan, nope, im just a bloke who can whittle and carve a bit, nowt wrong with your spoons, if it looks like a spon and works like a spoon, it's a spoon.

Who's Andy Murray?:confused: ;)

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Jack mate, now what you need to do is carve a nice short handled fork that packs away easily and when you use it at camp you can stab your favourite item that I won't mention.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
:lmao:, me an artisan, nope, im just a bloke who can whittle and carve a bit, nowt wrong with your spoons, if it looks like a spon and works like a spoon, it's a spoon.

Who's Andy Murray?:confused: ;)

Well to me an artisan is someone who can work with something in a sympathetic way and take inspiration from its natural form, rather than trying to force it to fit a preconceived form. You also make it look so simple and effortless.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Well to me an artisan is someone who can work with something in a sympathetic way and take inspiration from its natural form, rather than trying to force it to fit a preconceived form. You also make it look so simple and effortless.

thanks mate, appreciate the comments

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE