Willem Dafoe's rucksack in the film..The Hunter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wilekayote

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2005
sydney
If you get enough buyers you could probably have them posted sea mail at a reasonable rate. I emailed Peter Marshall at Crossfire pm@crossfire.com.au he's happy to post by sea mail (anywhere between 1 and 3 months from AUstralia to UK) his only concern was to check for any hidden import duty you may have to pay.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I received my DG1 from Crossfire yesterday; I still haven't managed to see the film yet but that's more me than the machine!

Initial impressions are very favourable. It's extremely well made and carefully thought out with no less than 4 extra bag things for holding stuff in the interior of the pack: there is one mesh sort of thing that looks as though it would hold a small car battery, two bladder pouches and, best of all, a seam-sealed dry bag.

The harness and back system look really functional and, on an initial try-out, it seems really comfortable.

The pockets (2 side, 1 front (with a foldy-over, dust sealing thing), 2 top (one external, one mesh internal) are all well positioned and a genuinely useful size.

The straps have the velcro roll-up devices to stop the straps lashing your face in a hurricane and the buckles are all readily replaced with no need to cut or stitch if replacements are needed.

It is a very well thought-out, purposeful pack, made of hefty material, but I reckon that this will be a really great rucksack to use. It may not be light in weight but this is one that will stand the test of time several times over.

I'll post pictures and a fuller appraisal when I've found my camera, had a bit more time to try it out and rediscovered the way of getting pictures on to the forum. Thus far, the Crossfire DG-1 looks like a really, really good pack - and not just for bushcraft...

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
You've got me looking at these now Tiley! It sounds like a top bit of kit. Take lots and lots of pictures for us please lol

Did you get stung by the customs man?

Sent from my iToaster using Tapatalk

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
You've got me looking at these now Tiley! It sounds like a top bit of kit. Take lots and lots of pictures for us please lol

Did you get stung by the customs man?

Sent from my iToaster using Tapatalk

I did indeed get stung to the tune of £68.21. Most of that was VAT - customs duty was only £9.11. If my forthcoming, more detailed review appeals to a group of you, I reckon a group buy would be the more economical option. Sadly, there's no ducking the 20% hit from the VAT, unless you have friends in Australia who are keen to send you a 'birthday present'...

I can hardly wait to take it out for a bit of a bashing. It really does look to be a cracking bit of kit.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
I did indeed get stung to the tune of £68.21. Most of that was VAT - customs duty was only £9.11. If my forthcoming, more detailed review appeals to a group of you, I reckon a group buy would be the more economical option. Sadly, there's no ducking the 20% hit from the VAT, unless you have friends in Australia who are keen to send you a 'birthday present'...

I can hardly wait to take it out for a bit of a bashing. It really does look to be a cracking bit of kit.

We need photos :)

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
We need photos :)

They will be forthcoming, I promise. As soon as I get home this evening, I'll take a few and, with luck, should be able to post them tomorrow, assuming I can remember how to get pictures from iPhoto onto the bloomin' forum...

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
They will be forthcoming, I promise. As soon as I get home this evening, I'll take a few and, with luck, should be able to post them tomorrow, assuming I can remember how to get pictures from iPhoto onto the bloomin' forum...

If you have a problem with the photos I am happy for you to email them to me and I will put up for you mate :)

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
If you have a problem with the photos I am happy for you to email them to me and I will put up for you mate :)

That's very kind. I think I've got the measure of it though. Unfortunately, things have conspired against me with the photos this evening so I'll have to try again tomorrow afternoon. Sorry!

Sorry for dredging up an old post Guys but I have just seen the movie and wondered what pack Sam Niel is using, looks a bit like the 1942 version of the Swedish Army pack...just wondering.
samnielspack.jpg

This one is mine.
Camera143.jpg

Camera144.jpg

Nov 8, 2012
London
It has similarities with a pack I recently bought. The karrimor sf sabre. It's not that but very close in design.
Oh and hi I'm new here.
MJ

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
So, no photos of Tileys pack yet ?

Rob

Ummm (he says, flushed with embarrassment...) no. Pictures and having to shrink them so I can put them into the site's 'holding station' and then sticking the right ones in the right places is still beyond me. I do still have the pack. I have packed it up and taken pictures of it but, even now, I've not used it. It is very, very well-made and beautifully thought out - little things like all the buckles being easily replaceable if they break, and so on - and it has a whole load of little extras, such as a dry bag and two different sizes of internal bladder pouch. But I still find myself loading up my ol' favourite when I head on out. If anyone's interested, it's up for sale; p.m. me a reasonable offer and it's yours.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE