Wilko's clothes poles/Polish Lavvu 'A' frame??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mendologist

Aug 13, 2018
Hambleton, Selby
Looking for advice regarding using the Wilko's extending clothes poles with the Lavvu.
Are they intended to be used internally and fastened together at the top to get the extra floor space.
Or is it better to suspend the Lavvu externally with the poles?
Picked up some webbing ,velcro and strong thread, waiting for zips to arrive and then ordering the canvas to make a skirt to get feet and head away from the side walls a bit.

Thanks for all input.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I've used two extendable washing poles on the inside of a lavu with success before, just jammed them both into the pocket bit at the top. If I was around trees I'd be tempted to suspend the apex from a branch like a mini parachute shelter.

Mendologist

Aug 13, 2018
Hambleton, Selby
I've used two extendable washing poles on the inside of a lavu with success before, just jammed them both into the pocket bit at the top. If I was around trees I'd be tempted to suspend the apex from a branch like a mini parachute shelter.
Thank you, will have a play around. Would prefer the poles to be on the inside for ease of use and not looking like scaffold externally.

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
As many ways as your imagination allows; the A frame from a Good Companions Standard if you can find one is perfect...on the outside, or one bought from Vango for the F10....or homemade. I always have the A frame outside as it gives more space and keeps the canvas off anything (better waterproofing in heavy rain?) Also then makes a great attachment point for a tarp if wished? (pictures on UK Campite tent reviews)
I have also used the (single) extendable clothes line pole (not Wilkos, just cheap £3 things from BQ or similar) idea inside to replace the little alloy poles if preferred? You can then extend the height for a really good fit.

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
Aluminium extension poles for paint rollers work well. They are lightweight, and Lidl sometimes have them very cheap. If you are using them internally, a cheap bicycle handlebar grip over the end takes care of any sharp bits.

Mendologist

Aug 13, 2018
Hambleton, Selby
Thank you very much everybody for the idea's. I have just about finished doing the mods.
Just need to put my para cord guylines on and then join together the extension panel joints on the bottom of the Lavvu.

gonzo_the_great

Forager
Nov 17, 2014
Poole, Dorset. UK
I have a little slot together A frame, made from left over fibreglass tent poles (rescued from a bin at a festival).
The top joint is a couple of bits of ali tube, flattened at the ends and a bolt/wingnut to make a slip joint.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE