Wilkinsons Gas Cannisters?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I noticed that Wilkinsons has Screw valve gas cannisters for stoves in store the other day.

£4 for 230g and £5 for 450g.

I just wondered if anyone has used them and had any views? I'm expecting it to be similar to most others but just thought it worth a check before I pick up a few of the larger ones for none weight critical days!

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Last autumn they were on sale at £1 for the 230g ones and I picked up all they had in my local store (Harrow) - around 25 of them if I recall.

They are not great. I have tried them on my little Primus and Alpkit stoves, which both work flawlessly on MSR and Jetboil gas. The Wilkinson gas can pop a bit and seems much more affected by a breeze. I get the feeling it doesn't burn as cleanly but have no actual evidence of that.

Still a bargain for the money I paid but I don't think worth the current start-of-season price of £4.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE